Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outfitting shelves, stove cover, and chairs

bhh
Explorer
Explorer
"User mods" after our maiden outing last week:

1. We have a "pantry" that's 24" deep, 10" wide, and 45" tall. Had a hard time deciding exactly what would fit those dimensions as-is. Solution: shelves. I didn't want to perforate the hollow wall on one side or the refrigerator on the other, so I got a sheet of white pegboard. I glued it back to back to get enough thickness for shelf supports. Cut melamine covered 1/2" particle board, put iron-on edging on the front edge, and now we have lots of adjustable shelves for whatever we want to store there.

2. Lack of usable counter space. Solution: a slip-over stove cover. Got a (free) sink cut-out from a nearby fabricator. Built and color matched a border, et voila:

3. Made chairs that disassemble and nest for my wife's birthday Monday. Work well, but her first question was, "Where's the footstools?" So I made collapsible footstools to match.

5 REPLIES 5

bhh
Explorer
Explorer
Chair plans here, along with a loveseat version:

Chair plans

I just used a bit of algebra to determine the curved parts' radii instead of trying to use a grid pattern blow up. Just easier for me.
I don't have a good estimate on material because I picked up a piece of 8/4 cedar and some tongue and groove 1-by at ReStore and used some salvaged / re-purposed cedar from another source.

I also just put a curve on the bottom and top of the legs, figuring sitting on the ground trying to get a flat surface there was of little use.

The ottomans were a bit more from scratch due to dimensions and materials. I went with 14" deep (length of slats), 16" wide, and 14" high. I ripped a 1x6 cedar into thirds for slats, legs, and rails. The two stools took three 8' 1x6s with a bit left over. I also used "Roto-Hinges" that I had laying around for the leg hinge joint. Spacing was 1/2" between the slats, laid out with a piece of scrap wood. The basic layout of legs and rails from this plan:

folding table plans

erstanfo wrote:
Do you have measurements or templates for building the chairs & stools?

erstanfo
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have measurements or templates for building the chairs & stools?
Ed, Sharon & Doolin the standard poodle
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M

danager
Explorer
Explorer
Great work! I really like the chairs.

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer
Love the cabinet MOD!!!!
Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY