cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Photo paint job on a truck?

Pete_k
Explorer
Explorer
Wondering if anyone has used a program like Photo Shop to do there layout for the truck paint job?
Reason I ask this, we will be painting ours to match the full body paint on our Key Largo. And would rather be able to see it this way. Then be able to change it if we did not like the looks of it. I will say up front we don't want the swirls like the RV has, but let the 2 of three colors flow from front to back.

Thinking the hook the dark Brown the front of the camper is. Main color the tan color of the camper on the truck. Then the white looking color a stripe . The truck now is a Dark brown like the dark color on the camper. But for some reason my phone makes it look more purple then brown.
Any ideals Will sure help out on this. And would be willing to pay someone that can do it also.
Pete

Moderator edit to re-size picture to forum limit of 640px maximum width.

2022 Ram Big Horn DRW
2016 Eagle Cap 1200
2012 Landmark Key Largo
2005 Chevy Kodiak c5500 Cummins 5.9/Allison Trans
17 REPLIES 17

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pete... I hate to be the one to point this out but your new truck is on FIRE!!! very nice.
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Good grief, Pete! I knew you'd switched out your "little" truck camper for a fifth wheel but I didn't know you'd gone that big. That thing's a honkin' big brontosaurus :E But then if you're going to go big you may as well go REAL big since you drove semis. Did you get your paint job done on the truck?
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pete,
I did post that to start with. I posted the edit in bold, red print the day I edited your first post way back on Jan 6th, the day after you started this thread. I also posted the same thing again several posts later when I edited it again, and also later in a quoted post. I may have not gone into the same detail as my last edit but you should have seen it several months ago. Seems to me after three times the idea should have taken hold - hence my last post when I edited it for the 4th time. I appreciate your latest picture being the correct size. Thank you.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Pete_k
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks for the help. And if you had only posted that to start with. I would have changed them myself. But again thanks for doing your job as a Mod.
Pete
2022 Ram Big Horn DRW
2016 Eagle Cap 1200
2012 Landmark Key Largo

Pete_k
Explorer
Explorer
Orion3 wrote:
Pete_k wrote:
Man that sucks Wish I could do that.. LOL I love it and almost perfect as can get. Showed my wife and she thought it was someone else's truck and camper but then she told me that looks like ours.:S Thanks so much for doing this. Let me know if i owe you a 6 pack or case.
Pete

Wasn't a problem, glad I can help.

Again thanks and this is what it looks like now after a few days work.

Wife found this one on her way to Ky for work. And we looked at it a week ago Saturday. And bought it. 2005 Cummins powered Allison 6 speed trans I love it. And hate to put the old F800 up for sale. But its life. But man did I say I love the Kodiak c5500.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/ShilohRed/2005%20Kodiak%20c5500%20Cummins%20powered/Pick...

Moderator note: I have edited pictures in this thread for the last time. Next time they will simply be deleted. Please learn how to post properly sized pictures on this forum. Pictures have been edited to conform to forum limit of 640px maximum width. See the post I made less than one month ago regarding this topic here.

2022 Ram Big Horn DRW
2016 Eagle Cap 1200
2012 Landmark Key Largo

DavinD
Explorer
Explorer
Can you do the same thing with my pic in this post? It's the white one near the bottom of the page. I've been thinking about getting a wrap for the bed sides.
2018 Coachman Chaparral 381RD

TV - 2013 Ford F350 Diesel SRW 4x4 Short Bed

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
Orion3....do you know how many people would give their left.....well, would just love to have your PS talent? I've used PS and other similar programs for years and although I'm pretty good a computers and learning new programs, PS just causes my mind to lock up and even when I do succeed at a task, I can't repeat it ๐Ÿ˜ž
Nice work.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

Orion3
Explorer
Explorer
Pete_k wrote:
Man that sucks Wish I could do that.. LOL I love it and almost perfect as can get. Showed my wife and she thought it was someone else's truck and camper but then she told me that looks like ours.:S Thanks so much for doing this. Let me know if i owe you a 6 pack or case.
Pete

Wasn't a problem, glad I can help.

jesse_m_jm
Explorer
Explorer
Pete_k wrote:
Showed my wife and she thought it was someone else's truck and camper but then she told me that looks like ours.:S
'

I love her response... classic!
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD
2009 Keystone Raptor 3712TS
Living full time in it with 4 boys. We might be crazy... :B

Our Blog - Our Family RV Adventure

Pete_k
Explorer
Explorer
Pete
2022 Ram Big Horn DRW
2016 Eagle Cap 1200
2012 Landmark Key Largo

Orion3
Explorer
Explorer
Wasn't sure about your description on the layout of the paint job so I took my best "quick" guess.
BTW my first post on the forum as I just recently purchased an RV, Hi everyone!

Pete_k
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys thinking paint on this one. And this paint job hit me like a ton of bricks a few days ago. Had been looking at it from the above pic. And could not get the colors to flow on the truck. But when seeing it from this view while pulling up to the truck. The way I want it to look jumped out at me and was unreal. Check it out

If you were to pull the paint off the camper and move it forward. Dark from the front cap to the front top of the sleeper. Then the other colors flowing to the back of the truck to match up with the colors on the camper. Thinking it would look great with or without the camper hooked up. Can anyone else see it from this view?
Sad part is thinking I may just finish some work on the old truck. And use it as a Toy and not for long trips with the camper. But Man I love the old Gal. Being I used to run over the road in a truck for years. Its like being back on the road but without the issues of driving commercial these days.

2022 Ram Big Horn DRW
2016 Eagle Cap 1200
2012 Landmark Key Largo

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
Two ways to go about what you are wanting to do (I am a degreed Graphic Designer, and have experience doing paint schemes, as well as vehicle wraps).

Paint work: You can use PS to show the paint shop what you want the finished product to look like. The shop will go by your renderings, mix the paint to match, tape off by hand, etc, and come up with the finished product. I HIGHLY recommend taking both truck and trailer to the shop, and LET THE SHOP do the measurements on where the graphics crossover to the trailer.

Vehicle wrap: Again, you can work up the graphics to your hearts content. But what you work up will be the final design the shop will go with. If they don't build the graphics from scratch themselves, with their own measurements, they probably won't guarantee crossovers and such. Also, keep in mind that the wrap graphics are printed process color, and may or may not match the actual mixed paint on your trailer. There is a TON of stuff you need to know to prep the file correctly. I highly recommend letting the vinyl place build the graphic files themselves.

As agesilaus mentioned above, PS is a VERY complicated program for someone to learn on their own.

Cliff notes: if using real paint, nothing wrong with whipping up the general idea of how you want the graphics to look in PS.

If using vinyl wrap, I highly suggest you let the experts build the design for you. You can give them a general feel of what you are looking for. They will need access to both the truck and trailer to get it done correctly.
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Also, if using a photograph, then the best shot would be on an overcast day when the lighting would be even and non directional. The above photo is not a good example of this, IMHO.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_