cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Removable towel hook

TNRIVERSIDE
Explorer
Explorer
We are wanting to install some towel hooks in the bathroom of our TT but not sure of the location. So DW purchased some Command water resistant removable hooks. These are rated for 7 lbs. Hoping to try the location out but still be able to remove the hooks if needed. The bathroom paneling has a very light texture. Has anyone used these hooks?
2014 Coleman CTS192RD. 2009 F150 4X4, 5.4, 3.31
Jeff
11 REPLIES 11

ReVoker
Explorer
Explorer
I don't understand why people like these cheap looking hooks even though they are easy to use. We installed chrome hooks to match our other handles in the trailer. I used molly bolts through the wall and have had no problem at all.
ReVoker
An opinion on every subject...

TNRIVERSIDE
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the comments. I'll be putting some up today.
2014 Coleman CTS192RD. 2009 F150 4X4, 5.4, 3.31
Jeff

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
24fb freedom wrote:
I dont recammend them for long periods of time with weight on them, I mounted some on my walls wich are light textur as well and in the summer months the textur lining on wall was pulling away from wall do to heat and weight, I quickly removed the hook and glued the lining back as best I could, I only had a hand towel on it at the time so not much weight.

This confirms my suspicion. Thanks. The 3M command hooks are great but you have to consider the surface to which they are applied, that's for sure.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

24fb_freedom
Explorer
Explorer
I dont recammend them for long periods of time with weight on them, I mounted some on my walls wich are light textur as well and in the summer months the textur lining on wall was pulling away from wall do to heat and weight, I quickly removed the hook and glued the lining back as best I could, I only had a hand towel on it at the time so not much weight.

camperpaul
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know how we ever got by without them.

Best invention since pestles and stamens.
Paul
Extra Class Ham Radio operator - K9ERG (since 1956)
Retired Electronics Engineer and Antenna Designer
Was a campground host at IBSP (2006-2010) - now retired.
Single - Full-timer
2005 Four Winds 29Q
2011 2500HD 6.0L GMC Denali (Gasser)

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with Tiger4X4RV. We like the over the door types.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
I've been happy with Command hooks.

Another possibility is various over-the-door towel holders. I use some of those also.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

doughere
Explorer
Explorer
Use them often, they hold well; never leave any residue or damage after being removed.

X2 3Oaks

Doug

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
We use them all the time.....and not only will they hold a towel, but they will hold your jeans and tshirts on one hook. Realize, my DH leaves wallet, Gerber knife and all his change in his pockets. they are amazing.

And I like 3oaks' idea!!! Never thought of that one! ๐Ÿ™‚
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
We even mounted a couple of them on our shower walls in our TT to hang our rain coats on and let them drip dry, if necessary.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes, I have used them in various places, both in our home and in our trailer. They stick very well and are easy to remove. They should work excellent for towel hooks.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine