cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing carpet in a 5er

Brantime
Explorer
Explorer
Would like to get rid of the factory carpet in our fifth wheel. It has the standard big piece in the Super slide out and the two ft piece under the slide. Vinyl on the other half downstairs. What have you guys done to replace carpet? Leave the configuration? Thanks?
Just another day in Paradise!
6 REPLIES 6

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
I replace the carpet allover the FW except one slide with laminate wood.It look very nice after 2 years.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

mike-uswest
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced much of the carpet in ours with vinyl, and just went with throw rugs. We had the water pump go out and messed up the lower carpet. Like this better, less water worry.

Mike
2019 Ram 2500 TCD, 4X4,
Arctic Fox 25Y 30'

Brantime
Explorer
Explorer
My DW wants to go the other way, lol. We have a rear kit and she wants zero carpet in any area that has a water zone...around the sink, the table, and especially the water filter under the cabinets by the Hot water heater. Our under cab water filter exploded and water went everywhere until I got to the water cutoff!

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced our carpet and got rid of all the vinyl.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

Brantime
Explorer
Explorer
The video was great on the carpet replacement...only would it make more sense to do away with that hump by laying the woven vinyl over the old vinyl as well? Regardless, I will look this product up, lol! Thanks again for the link...

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Video on replacing slide carpet. Part of your answer.
Pat
Replace Carpet Slide
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315