cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Smart Tile Q- Furring Strip

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Started installing my Smart Tiles today and for those of you that have done it, what did you do about the furring strip at the corner?
Pics are attached.
Geez, and I thought houses were crooked!
Thanks!
Cheryl

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum limit of 640px maximum width.

Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us
24 REPLIES 24

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice. ๐Ÿ™‚

I decided to postpone my upgrade until the cool weather comes since I have to remove the wall thermostat to get the Smart Tiles behind.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

bcsslc
Explorer
Explorer

This is how we did ours.

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Nutinelse2do wrote:
Well, my smart tile was ok today after 6 days. I have one area where there is a section about 1/8- 1/4" that isn't sticking. Guess I will leave it for now and if it bugs me, maybe I'll put some CA glue on it. Just wanted to update and check with wmoses on his ( her ) progress.

Distracted last weekend with the purchase of a new-to-us car for my wife. Will be going to the trailer tomorrow though.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Well, my smart tile was ok today after 6 days. I have one area where there is a section about 1/8- 1/4" that isn't sticking. Guess I will leave it for now and if it bugs me, maybe I'll put some CA glue on it. Just wanted to update and check with wmoses on his ( her ) progress.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Nutinelse2do wrote:
Wmoses, please post pics when you get yours done.
Thanks everybody. Have a great week!
Cheryl

You too. I will absolutely post the finished pictures. Might tackle it this weekend as I have Friday off.
Regards,
Wayne
_

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Look for a local metal fab shop. We saved 40 bucks having them custom make them for a job I did
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
bshpilot wrote:
im interested - but i think id rather have stainless (sheet) back splash....or better still (cheaper) brushed aluminum...any suggestions on where to get some ?

Home Depot and Lowes sells them in a multitude of colors ( brass, copper, stainless )
and sizes. Some have patterns. Or you can just fab one.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912

bshpilot
Explorer
Explorer
im interested - but i think id rather have stainless (sheet) back splash....or better still (cheaper) brushed aluminum...any suggestions on where to get some ?
Don R.
'04 42' Haulmark Motor Coach - 450hp/1650tq / 12 spd SmartShift
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport (manual trans)
'17 Platinum F350 (6.7L, SRW, CC, Long bed, 4x4)

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear from those that have had them up for a while.
Will update this coming weekend.
Hopefully I won't walk in and find them peeled off and laying all over the stove :S
Wmoses, please post pics when you get yours done.
Thanks everybody. Have a great week!
Cheryl
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has been up about a year now and absolutely no issues.
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
I install them 2 years ago and they hold good,no problem.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
It looks great! I put these up as well about a year and a half ago. I don't have any peeling, coming up, or falling off. I hope yours were not defective or made with less adhesive. They do look great though!
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

westend
Explorer
Explorer
1 Happy Camper wrote:
Nice job! I want to do this project also, however, was wondering how the tiles will hold up when installed over the existing "wallpaper" versus drywall. Anyone have any ideas?

Drywall has an interior paper layer.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

1_Happy_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job! I want to do this project also, however, was wondering how the tiles will hold up when installed over the existing "wallpaper" versus drywall. Anyone have any ideas?
2004 Ford F350 V10 CC LB; 4:30 = Beauty
2006 Keystone Cougar 290EFS = and The Beast
EZ Flex Suspension, Air Safe Hitch