cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suggestions on where to install exterior shower?...

Fineoceanparker
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 24' slumber queen 1997. I would love to install a exterior hot/cold shower somewhere just not sure where. Has anyone had experience installing one on a similar rig? Also, what's the best way to cut into the rig? I'm thinking drill a hole and use a jig saw and defiantly a measure twice cut once job. Mostly I am having a hard time locating enough empty space to do the job. Any input is appreciated.
14 REPLIES 14

OH48Lt
Explorer
Explorer
Now some of them are being called a "spray port", with a single quick connect for the appropriate hose with a spray nozzle. Fun Finder put ours right above the electrical connection. They did a lot of smart things on this trailer, but that wasn't one of them.

On our previous toy hauler 5ver, we used the outside shower (a real one...) often to rinse off some of the gunk on us from a day of ATV riding. Very helpful.

You don't want it anywhere near the door entries, or on the opposite side where the water will run underneath the unit and up under the doors if you are slightly unlevel. Biggest thing will be finding where to splice into the water supply line/s, and figuring out whats inside that wall.
2017 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
2014 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WKS
2015 Harley Road Glide Special in Amber Whiskey
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (his)
Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.(hers)

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Is it possible to tee into the water line right before the water heater and another tee tight after the water heater line. Then run PEX type tubing any where you want or can? Then you will have hot and cold. If all you want is cold, then just put a Y adapter at the campground spigot and run another garden hose with a sprayer end.

I saw one modification someone made by tapping into the lines before and after the water heater then drilled holes through the floor, and the pipe came out on the side of the camper, but under the floor level. It also aided him in draining his system for winterizing. Something to consider.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Jim-Linda wrote:

Only sharing what is the LAW in many regions, do what you think is best.

Jim

do what the law and the campground rules require.
bumpy

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
calamus wrote:
Jim-Linda wrote:
Also be aware that dumping grey water on the ground is a no-no

Jim
We use our all the time to rinse the kids off when the come out of the lake and are all sandy from the beach. I made a little pallet from decking I had left over so you dont have to stand in a wet muddy spot.

Then why do they have outside showers? Does the water that runs off of you when you come out of the lake need to be contained? With most of the country in a drought alot of parks in the midwest want you to water the shrubs and trees with your grey water. Just be smart about it and do make a mess for the next group.

Only sharing what is the LAW in many regions, do what you think is best.

Jim

calamus
Explorer
Explorer
Jim-Linda wrote:

Jim
We use our all the time to rinse the kids off when the come out of the lake and are all sandy from the beach. I made a little pallet from decking I had left over so you dont have to stand in a wet muddy spot.

Then why do they have outside showers? Does the water that runs off of you when you come out of the lake need to be contained? With most of the country in a drought alot of parks in the midwest want you to water the shrubs and trees with your grey water. Just be smart about it and do make a mess for the next group.
2015 3500HD Chevy Dually Duramax, 2008 Sundance 2014 22'SSX bennington pontoon

Mootpoint
Explorer
Explorer
The only place I have ever encountered a leak in my system. It's been removed and capped.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Good suggestions above already. I'll add: don't install it near the front door or you will have a muddy mess that you will be tracking into your rig.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
one of the questions I ask when looking at a RV, if I order one from the factory, can I delete the outside shower?
bumpy

sharker6
Explorer
Explorer
As close to the water heater as possible to keep the plumbing to a minimum, and you'll need to have access to the back. I use mine all the time. It's also a good idea to get it close to a door to get sand, etc off your feet.
2017 Keystone Cougar 29RES, 2008 F250 Diesel FX4

BobandShaz
Explorer
Explorer
Jim-Linda wrote:

Jim

Is dog shampoo grey water?
Bob and Sharon

2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II

Jim

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
TucsonJim wrote:
I think the first consideration would be where could you access the plumbing to make a connection. Funny, I've had one for the last 15 years, and never used it.

x2
well I do use mine twice a year. once to winterize, once to de-winterize.
bumpy

calamus
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is on the outside wall of our bathroom if you open the bathroom cubboard you can see the back side of the outside shower
2015 3500HD Chevy Dually Duramax, 2008 Sundance 2014 22'SSX bennington pontoon

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
I think the first consideration would be where could you access the plumbing to make a connection. Funny, I've had one for the last 15 years, and never used it.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)