cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

used lazy daze

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
just picked up a used lazy daze class c. it's been sitting in storage for a while, so there are a bunch of things to do. the previous owner had several additions to it including larger sway bars, bilsteins, Banks intake and exhaust.

Projects to start:
replace old lights with LED
replace cassette deck with new large display receiver
electric door locks, add remote, possible addition of motorhome door to electric locks
portable satellite dish windgard or king?
install cell phone booster and wifi booster.
(total of 5 antennas on the roof)
more exterior lighting, backup, driving lights, some way of powering awning lights
backup camera

repair water system, generator, corrosion of aluminum skin, replace brakes and tires.

debating on vent covers

reseal seams. eternabond?
1998 Class C Lazy Daze 26 1/2 island bed
banks intake/exhaust
wifi/4g/siriusXM/DTV/DirecTV/CB
2xGeorbital electric bike conversions
9 REPLIES 9

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking at interior LED replacements. Did the inside of my van a couple months ago, direct replacement, no modifications, and it's really bright. The motorhome has as many florescents as the old type. Not sure the energy savings difference between florescent and led.

I may look at solar somewhere down the road, but for now I don't to a lot of off the grid for extended time to make them cost effective, especially since the unit is parked next to my house where there is a plug in for it.
1998 Class C Lazy Daze 26 1/2 island bed
banks intake/exhaust
wifi/4g/siriusXM/DTV/DirecTV/CB
2xGeorbital electric bike conversions

DaCrema
Explorer
Explorer
Some solar panels would be high on the list for me. Switching my interior incandescent lights to LED made a huge difference for me. I have not made the switch on the florissant bulbs and may not. I just don't use them that much any longer. When parked off grid, I use my cell phone or kindle for entertainment if not outside stargazing. The solar panels easily restore the batteries to a full charge.

I still have the twin 6v flooded batteries instead of newer 12v AGM because I didn't have the funds to change to a modern charge controller.

SPRING_STREET
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a used 1984 23' Lazy Daze back in the early 90's as my introduction to Rving and have never been without since . They build a great unit, hope you enjoy yours as much as i did. !!
2011 MOUNTAIN AIRE 4344, FMCA F334596, Cummins Power Play,Good Sams and KOA member..TOAD 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with a 6 cylinder Engine, License plate "TOWED" > RoadMaster Night Hawk Tow Bar and Base Plates. ๐Ÿ˜‰

2lazy4U
Explorer
Explorer
What year did you get? I've been looking for a used one I can afford for years. Great reputation.

jim1632
Explorer
Explorer
Recommend the vent covers. That way they can be left open in rainy weather to provide some ventilation.

I bought a wireless backup camera setup for my RV. That avoids running wiring from rear to front if you can't easily access interior panels. I decided to connect my rear camera wiring to the running lights across the rear top. Easy to get to wires there but you need to drive with lights. (Canadians think that is safer anyway.)

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely, Eternabond the seams.
Use Dicor where you can't use Eternabond.

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
I've used Winegards Carryout G2 for about a year and am very happy with the decision. It's a little more expensive than others but will allow Dish, Direct and Bell. With the games satellites like to play with cheaper rates for a year or two I'm not married to any.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

alaska315
Explorer
Explorer
Andy Baird full times in a Lazy Days and is a wonderful guy.Easy to find as he has his own site with several mods he has done.Your photo actually looks identical to his.

I think Lazy Days also has a yahoo groups page/s as well.

Nice rig.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I've only worked on a couple of those- very well built coaches!
-- Chris Bryant