Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water heater screen(s)

Itisme
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all,

FTP

I have a 2014 heritage glen lite with a 6 gal suburban water heater. I found a screen to cover the larger vent opening on the water heater door, but what about the smaller vent opening. Shouldn't it also have a screen over it?

This is our second tt. Our first one was a 96 prowler which had not been used in a while. Needless to say, the dirt dabbers projects had to be removed from the water heater and furnace.

Should the refrig vents also be covered? I've even read that the Ac units should be dirt dabbered protected, but I haven't seen much discussion about it

Thoughts?

Thanks
Frank
2014 Forest River Wildwood Haritage Glen 300BH
1996 C2500 454, 74000 miles (making due for now)
1996 32' prowler (retired)
9 REPLIES 9

Itisme
Explorer
Explorer
That would be great!

Thanks
Frank

sljkansas
Explorer
Explorer
I just found the screen your looking for 2 weeks ago at my local RV parts store. Yes there are 2 vents on a suburban gas/electric water heater. One is by the burner on the right side of the door, and the smaller one is on the left side. The right side one is fairly easy to find but there hadn't been one for the smaller louvered vent until recently (according to the part house.) I know I could not find it listed anywhere. I'll see if I keep the packaging for it, and get beck with you on the manufacture and part number.
Steve & Linda
Son married (1 DIL, 3 granddaughters 1 grandson)
Daughter Married.
Miami Co. Kansas
2004 F350 CC dually 8ft bed 6.0 PSD
2009 Bighorn 3670RL
B&W under bed hitch with 18k companion hitch

slarsen
Explorer
Explorer
I used the screens shown for the furnace openings, but didn't know what to do with the water heater or refrig screens. I ended up using hot glue and purchased window screening, applied to the back side. It's virtually invisible to the casual observer. Put it on three years ago and it's still doing the job very well.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Whatever you use.......just make sure that those screens are kept clean.

A lot of problems with furnaces/fridges/water heaters are due to improper air flow.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Itisme
Explorer
Explorer
On the second smaller vent opening, did you find a screen pretty close to the right size and use it, or did you find a screen made just for the smaller side?

Thanks
Frank

Chuck_Gail
Explorer
Explorer
My water heater ALSO has two vents. I covered them with two seperate screens from Camco, along with fridge vents and furnace.

Lots of mud daubers here, but so far they've not been in my A/C on TT roof. Normally they like to stay sort of low I think.
Chuck
Wonderful Wife
Australian Shepherd
2010 Ford Expedition TV
2010 Outback 230RS Toybox, 5390# UVW, 6800# Loaded

Not yet camped in Hawaii, 2 Canada Provinces, & 2 Territories

I can't be lost because I don't care where this lovely road is going

Itisme
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a link to a water heater door similar to mine, which shows the smaller vent with loovers that I'm asking about.

http://www.dyersonline.com/suburban-colonial-white-v-series-6-gallon-radius-corner-door.html

Thanks
Frank

F105
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
I may be confused, but I think the smaller vent you are talking about is the furnace vent - not the water heater door.

If so, yes, there are screens available for this too. They come in two styles.

X2 - a good rule of thumb here is that if there is an opening DDs and other inserts can get in it and gum things up.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
I may be confused, but I think the smaller vent you are talking about is the furnace vent - not the water heater door.

If so, yes, there are screens available for this too. They come in two styles.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro