cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Would Roof Carpet to Cool RV?

mondotiki
Explorer
Explorer
Would carpet on our trailer roof help keep it cooler on high temperature days? Or will it just create problems? My wife wants to make this addition, but I think it will be bad for the RV.
19 REPLIES 19

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Are you wanting to put it on the roof (outside) or ceiling (inside) ?

If on the roof you may want to look into a product designed to insulate roofs. It's a white or silver coating you can spray on or roll on.

Like this http://www.homedepot.com/p/Henry-4-75-Gal-287-Solarflex-White-Roof-Coating-HE287SF871/100051140

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
It probably would, by just keeping the sun from beating on the roof, but it would need something breathable between the roof and the carpet. I think that if the carpet were to get wet (rain, humidity), it would just set up an ideal condition for mold, mildew, etc. to accumulate. That would NOT be good for the roof.

I think a heavyweight tarp with some support system underneath would be just as effective, and much less heavy under wet conditions.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
teton use to use afabric for noise every one i always saw after it aged looked like******and held oders so i would say no go.but you know if mamma aint happy

mondotiki
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I know it may be a strange question. ๐Ÿ™‚

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Interesting first post.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman