cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Rushmore Wash problems & Concerns

kglenn
Explorer
Explorer
I find it sad to have to post my concerns with my brand new 2013 Rushmore washington model. We drove from Canada to the state of CA and returned home only yo find mouldings falling off, Curtain hangers screws pulled out of the wall and cupboards falling apart. The dealer had rush threw the delivery process and did not give us enough time to look over our new unit which has many many defects inside and out. On our way home we start to notice al the defects and very disappointed with the dealers pdi process. If anything they should had given us a addition discount for all the exteriour defects. We had paid good money and they knew we lived 1500 miles away from our nearest dealer. We have not even used our unit as of yet and our planning a five month vacation threw out the USA in the begining of Nov/13 . We plan on stopping at our dealer and discuss all the repairs required to start to bring this unit up to speed. I knew the deal was too good to be true. There'e a reason dealers all over the USA are blowing out there inventory of there 2013 and 2014 model year units. I guess you live and learn
8 REPLIES 8

kglenn
Explorer
Explorer
I bought our rushmore in the states for two reason.

Better pricing than Canada can ever do. Canadian dealers are always out to luch on there pricing. They think its such a big deal to import.I have purchase two motor yachts, jet skis ,Outboard motors, quads and many rv's in the good old usa because Canada pricing has always been 10 to 60 % more than the usa and there is no duty at the border, just the same taxes you would pay if you purchased it in Canada. Companys like Yamaha Canada, Honda Canada, Suzuki canada and all rv dealers in canada have always hand higher prices than the USA.
I would love to support a Canadian dealer if they try to come close on there pricing. USA retial is below Canadian cost on many many items.
It's time for Canada Dealers to wake up

wowlites
Explorer
Explorer
ontariofarmer wrote:
You couldn't find a trailer in Canada?

X2

Rushmore's are all over the place up here, maybe it was a $ issue, we do pay slightly more up here for RV's
Cheers
Rick T.

ontariofarmer
Explorer
Explorer
You couldn't find a trailer in Canada?
2003 Ford F250 King Ranch CC SB 6.8L V10
2003 Jayco Quest 253D 5er

Greentreena
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunatly, even the best brands can have defects on the first trip. The difference is, the good brands take care of problems right away and you leave happy. Hopefully, you can get things fixed and quickly.
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Mega Cab 4x4 SRW Laramie - Big & Black
Full delete, Torque Technolgies programmer, Sinister EGR delete
Hijacker Auto Slide/ P3
2006 Triple E Topaz 310RBXL
Wife, 2 kids (Murphy the dog - RIP friend)

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
JKrussow wrote:
Why not on your five month tour of the US stop by the factory and have them repair the defects under warranty. Let them know you are coming first so they have the staff ready to get the work done.

Your dealer does not have your best interests in mind. The factory might.

Exc idea. To the OP's defense, no RV is excluded from defects. Some worse than others that's all.

Swamp_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I would check and see if the state in which your purchased the unit has a lemon law. Sounds like you got a Monday day unit after a long weekend.
Steve & Trudy Jackson
2018 Cyclone 4005
2016 Ford F-450 6.7 PSD
AirSafe 25K hitch

JKrussow
Explorer
Explorer
Why not on your five month tour of the US stop by the factory and have them repair the defects under warranty. Let them know you are coming first so they have the staff ready to get the work done.

Your dealer does not have your best interests in mind. The factory might.
John & Rana along with Kato & Punkin
2004 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A DRW CC, Banks IQ w/Econominder, Speedbrake & CAI, Curt Q5 20K
2011 Heartland Big Country 3650RL

Hunter11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go over to the Crossroads forum and look under the Rushmore section. You will find many more stories like yours.

http://forums.crossroadsrv.com/forum/default.asp
2017 Chevrolet 3500 4DR LTZ DRW LWB 4X4 D/A
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4DR
2016 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3