cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Landmark San Antonio

Chiefcpo
Explorer
Explorer
Ok just ordered 2014 San Antonio, will be at Dixie RV in Florida in 6 to 8 weeks. Tell me the good or bad about them. All we have heard is good after they have been in use for a while but some problems with DIFFRENT dealers and PDI. As in profile not new to RV'ing. Have no problems with my Big Sky just the floor plan is not what I want for long travels and getting a drink as the frig is blocked by the counter and slide. Measured one on the lot it was about 43' (properly measured) and outdated info says 41'7", Any words of wisdom??? and correction???
24 REPLIES 24

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
Saw the new paint at Hershey! Beautiful...congrats!
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

Chiefcpo
Explorer
Explorer
Did ask for y0u information as sometimes things just out there that the dealer does not knoe and the peron on the phone at Heartland just can not answer especially why it measures from king pin to rear of END CAP (not the ladder) appox 43" not the 41'&" in the flyer. IF THAT will answer you SAQ/comment!!! Some people are smart enough to ask for information that they can not find the answers that thoes in the know can not answer. BY THE WAY they Landmark S/A full paint has a new color for this last part of production and I got that.

GlenStMary
Explorer
Explorer
We own a 2013 Landmark Key Largo and are extremely happy with our unit. We also purchased from Dixie RV in Fl and were extremely pleased with their assistance with our purchase. The only problem we have had with our unit was with the kitchen flooring. A small spot near the edge of the flooring had started to ripple some. I think the mastic had started to let loose. We took it to another dealer, closer to our home, and all they did was force some mastic under the edge, roll it down, and it has been resolved for several months now. I've continuously read the Heartland forum and noted some of the problems others have experienced with their units, I then investigate my unit for those problems and insure that my unit doesn't exhibit symptoms that would lead to that problem. So far, we have been having nothing but great times in our unit and we've added several upgrades to make the unit more comfortable for us. Good luck and enjoy your Landmark.
2013 landmark Key Largo
Ford 350 DRW

Ford_Man
Explorer
Explorer
We own a 2013 Landmark Grand Canyon Chocolate Full Body Paint and had a few problems initially with the Remote control finally had it replaced, the dealer fixed several leaks in the plumbing during the PDI, and had a problem with the wiring to the refrigerator in the slide out. I diagnosed the problem of why it was blowing fuses and had to tell the dealer how to fix it. Problem with this floor plan that Heartland is aware of since 2011 and have not fixed it.

Southern_Nights
Explorer
Explorer
We Full Time in our Landmark Mesa.

The clear coat on the front cap had to be resprayed which HL took care of under warranty although it took finding the right person at Customer Service to authorize it.

A few other small issues like others that I took care myself.

As blkdodge said the day/night shades are not the greatest and I don't like the look of the MCD shades. Will probably change them out to blinds when enough of the shade strings break.
I wish the carpet was better quality with a higher face weight and go to a higher density pad.

Out of warranty, the Frigidaire Convection Oven/ Microwave quit working on the Convection side and we replaced with a Samsung.

For the price point we are happy with the Landmark.
Larry and Samantha
Fur kids-Duchess,Mesa and Sweetie

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
They now use MCD shades...vast improvement over the old day/night shades.

blkdodge
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 San Antonio and have been happy with it so far. We had a few issues that I took care of myself. We have been fulltime since July of 2012. I do wish they had used a better quality day/night shades, going to look into a change out..
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW/2012 Heartland Landmark San Antonio.

rgreengas
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 San Antonio also. Picked it up Aug 10th. It is currently in for the "normal" warranty work. We've used it a few times and really like it. We got the max vinyl option and are really happy with that as well. Now, here comes the "but". This is our third RV and the first one that has had the number of initial problems that our Landmark has. My guess is it was built on a day before a holiday. First, when they cut the access panel behind the shower, the cut right through the anti siphon valve. I found out about that the first time I used the black tank flush, caused quite a flood. Next, well, instead of going through all of this on the forum, just sent me a PM and I forward the pictures and details. I've been working with Camping World (where I purchased the RV) and Heartland to get things fixed to the level they should be. So far, so so. But, let me finish again by saying that we truly do like our new RV. It just seems that we got one that slipped by the final QC check at the factory.

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 Heartland Bighorn 3685RL and are very happy with it so far with 45 nights on the road. Only minor issues, H/W heater wired incorrectly, igniter knob on stove broken, and an incorrectly installed very small decal. All three items were fixed by the dealer during a home visit to my residence. I was very impressed that I did not even have to tow my unit back to the dealer for repairs. The Heartland folks are great to deal with. Happy camping in your new rig.

Lakeside

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
Been in our 2013 Key largo since December...only very minor issues, I.e., ceiling fan died, shower door handles came off, squeak in bedroom floor...all promptly addressed by Heartland and/or repaired by DH.

Fulltimed for six years in a Bighorn and changed for same reason as you...floor plan. Very happy with our choice and we shopped extensively...enjoy!