cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2016 Montana fifthwheel rear cap

Hedgehog
Explorer
Explorer
As you might already have seen from previous posts in the fall, I'm thinking about trading from my 40' diesel pusher to a fifthwheel. I haven't done anything over the winter other shovel snow but now I'm starting to look again. I am looking at Montanas because I had a 2004 Montana and it served us very well. I'm also looking at the bighorn because I have a camping world 20 minutes from my house that sells them. One thing that really upset me with the 2016 Montana is that you no longer get a fiberglass rear cap unless you order what they call the legacy package for a extra $6000. This is ridiqulous. So from the rear, a $80,000 fifthwheel looks like a entry level fifthwheel and if you want your $80,000 fifthwheel to look as such, now it becomes a $86,000 fifthwheel. I just don't get it.
54 REPLIES 54

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
tsetsaf wrote:
Me Again wrote:
Brockinfla wrote:
Who really cares what the back of of a 5er looks like? It's there to hold a bumper and license plate.

Rear bumper? You mean the square thin wall sewer hose storage thing? Just another entry level looking item. No thanks, I will keep my rear cap. Chris

I was hit in the rear... actually side-swiped. That cheap square tube was scuffed. The other vehicle had a 6" dent the entire length of his bed. Had my "cheap" unit had the molded fiberglass it would be a totally different conversation.

You must have the Montana Mountaineer - Montana had the fiberglass cap in 2013.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
Me Again wrote:
Brockinfla wrote:
Who really cares what the back of of a 5er looks like? It's there to hold a bumper and license plate.

Rear bumper? You mean the square thin wall sewer hose storage thing? Just another entry level looking item. No thanks, I will keep my rear cap. Chris

I was hit in the rear... actually side-swiped. That cheap square tube was scuffed. The other vehicle had a 6" dent the entire length of his bed. Had my "cheap" unit had the molded fiberglass it would be a totally different conversation.
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I like my rear cap also.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Hedgehog wrote:
As you might already have seen from previous posts in the fall, I'm thinking about trading from my 40' diesel pusher to a fifthwheel. I haven't done anything over the winter other shovel snow but now I'm starting to look again. I am looking at Montanas because I had a 2004 Montana and it served us very well. I'm also looking at the bighorn because I have a camping world 20 minutes from my house that sells them. One thing that really upset me with the 2016 Montana is that you no longer get a fiberglass rear cap unless you order what they call the legacy package for a extra $6000. This is ridiqulous. So from the rear, a $80,000 fifthwheel looks like a entry level fifthwheel and if you want your $80,000 fifthwheel to look as such, now it becomes a $86,000 fifthwheel. I just don't get it.

Seems like they have been cheapening down the mid level 5ths, at least on the outside. I noticed that new Brookstone's now have their rear cap as an option also. Must be trying to hit a lower price point. I like the rear cap on mine.

2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Keystone was always the worst at updating their site. Our friends had a new floorplan in the driveway that didn't show up on their site for nearly 6 months after they bought it.

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Goducks10 has it right Montana is still updating their wesite with new Pics of new models etc....
steiny93 wrote:
topjimmy wrote:
The Montana without the Legacy Pkg is the old Moutainer they dropped that name, now The Montana Legacy which I have a 2015 comes with the rear cap and many other goodies and they are not 80+K that is "list price" my fully loaded(except full body paint) 2015 Legacy was 68K......"List" was 84K for my 2015 3735MK

huh?
The Mountaineer brand still exists and is separate from the Montana brand.

http://www.keystonerv.com/mountaineer
and
http://www.keystonerv.com/montana

They have similarities and differences through their floorplans and available features.
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Mountaineer is discontinued. Only dealer stock is for sale. IIRC the Montana High Country replaces the Mountaineer. Their web site says 'stock only'.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Is that because of that AC on top of the curved roof? Mine was 13' 3" but didn't have that new style roof.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
mike24 wrote:
I really liked the Montana until I saw it was 13'5" tall will not buy one for that reason.

That's mostly an East coast problem. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

mike24
Explorer
Explorer
I really liked the Montana until I saw it was 13'5" tall will not buy one for that reason.

steiny93
Explorer
Explorer
topjimmy wrote:
The Montana without the Legacy Pkg is the old Moutainer they dropped that name, now The Montana Legacy which I have a 2015 comes with the rear cap and many other goodies and they are not 80+K that is "list price" my fully loaded(except full body paint) 2015 Legacy was 68K......"List" was 84K for my 2015 3735MK

huh?
The Mountaineer brand still exists and is separate from the Montana brand.

http://www.keystonerv.com/mountaineer
and
http://www.keystonerv.com/montana

They have similarities and differences through their floorplans and available features.
2000 Volvo 610
2013 Cyclone 3950

steiny93
Explorer
Explorer
Hedgehog wrote:

just bought a montana legacy two weeks ago; totally agree in regards to the non legacy's looking quite a bit different then the legacy's

the numbers are you listing are full msrp's; you should be south of $60 for a nicely equipped legacy; I have a yet to be poo'd in 3711 legacy I'd let you have for $80k any day of the week ๐Ÿ™‚

Full paint is $8k at msrp; but you don't really pay that.
2000 Volvo 610
2013 Cyclone 3950

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Hedgehog wrote:
My motor home has a Cummins ISC with rear radiator. I clean the radiator every year with simple green extreme.i have no problems with the radiator clogging

huh? Montana's are diesel pushers now? ๐Ÿ™‚

Hedgehog
Explorer
Explorer
My motor home has a Cummins ISC with rear radiator. I clean the radiator every year with simple green extreme.i have no problems with the radiator clogging