cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Another Electric Issue...

ainswors7
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2001 Carson Funrunner. Here is my problem: the back two power outlets don't work, yet the three outlets in the front do. Fuses seem OK, and I took out each outlet, which both seem clean. Anything? Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
I too have learned a lot on this board. Theres some great people here!!
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks for the update!
Easy fix!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

ainswors7
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry guys, obviously a novice when comes to electrical. You're going right, the circuit breaker needed to slowly pushed off and back on. Sometimes the answer is right in front of your face. Thank you so much for the reply back, much appreciated.

Full power in Vegas!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
The fuses have no effect on the outlets. It's the breakers that protect them.
I would flip each breaker off and on. If that doesn't work then you probably have a GFCI that has tripped.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
receptacles are protected by circuit breakers not fuses.
Try resetting circuit breakers by switching to off applying light pressure toward off. Then turn breakers back on. You should turn all circuit breakers off, then turn on the main breaker, then branch breakers one at a time.
next thing to check is your GFCI receptacle reset buttons. Try pushing test, then press the reset button.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
There wont be a fuse for 120VAC outlets. There will be circuit breakers just like in modern houses.
120VAC circuits are daisy chained in most cases. So, with the power disconnected, go to the last outlet that has power and open up that one. Check the wires here. My guess you will find the crappy push on prongs. One of them has come loose. Dont try to fix it, replace it with a real quality outlet from any supplier.