cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any RV transport recommendation?

Horizons28
Explorer
Explorer
We are on a trip and my husband may need to be flown home due to a medical issue. I’d rather go with him than try to tow our fifth wheel home alone. We’re in WA but live in NC. So this is not just transporting the RV but driving our entire rig, truck and trailer. Anyone used one of these services and can recommend? Has anyone stored their rig at their vacation point in an emergency then flown back up to pick it up after recovery? Not sure which is the best option.
21 REPLIES 21

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

Not sure if you guys noticed but this is a 4 year old thread. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

lightfoot
Explorer III
Explorer III

Similar to FMCA's plan, God Sam has  Travel Assist. You might want to look into the service and compare to the FMCA plan. I know of someone that used the Good Sam service and they even got the pet home along with the RV and Truck.

USN EN2
2012 Ford F250 SC, 6.7L TD
2015 Voltage 3200
2004 Honda GL1800 Reverse Trike

Denrclif
Explorer II
Explorer II

I used many RV transport companies and Movewheels looks like the best rv transport services which i use for my last RV transport, and I was very happy with their service. They were on time and affordable.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Horizons28 wrote:
Thank you for the suggestions and the good wishes. I put the job up on Uship. After a couple immediate replies that were outrageous, and I suspect may have been auto generated, I found someone who was reasonably priced and delivered to my location with no problems. DH is happy the rig is secure and we can concentrate on the important stuff now.

Excellent! Hope he gets well, soon!

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Posted before I see every thing is OK. Hope your husband recovers quickly.

Horizons28
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the suggestions and the good wishes. I put the job up on Uship. After a couple immediate replies that were outrageous, and I suspect may have been auto generated, I found someone who was reasonably priced and delivered to my location with no problems. DH is happy the rig is secure and we can concentrate on the important stuff now.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Much love to you and your husband. I'm so sorry to hear of the medical needs and the added stress of worrying about your fifth wheel. I wish I was closer (unfortunately, stuck in Florida). I'd move it in a heartbeat for you.

The only advice I can offer has already been offered: checking with the campground or even local dealerships is where I'd start.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

94-D2
Explorer
Explorer
Dave H M wrote:
probably not a smart question but what is MASA? Google could not come up with an answer besides Mex food. :h

https://www.medairservices.com/memb-options

If I were in that area, I would move it for you. Perhaps there is a forum member that could help.......
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 6.7L, Aisin, air ride, Ram puck prep, SuperGlide 20K auto slide.
2018 Bighorn Traveler 4 slide w/Apt.

It’s not what you’ve done that commands respect, it’s what you do.

Happy Campin’

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Travlingman wrote:
Since you will need it moved where you are, I would check some local RV dealers. Most of them have someone they use to transport. Hope the best for your husband.

X2
Getting just the RV moved from one side of the state to the other should be much easier. Our TV was down when we needed to move to another host location, we got a recommendation from a good local RV dealer.

Wishing your husband the best!!!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
probably not a smart question but what is MASA? Google could not come up with an answer besides Mex food. :h

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is the exact reason we're MASA members. Should either of us need Medical Transport they handle it and make arrangements to get our RV home or where ever we request. Not cheap, but gives piece of mind.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since you will need it moved where you are, I would check some local RV dealers. Most of them have someone they use to transport. Hope the best for your husband.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

Horizons28
Explorer
Explorer
So, to clarify, not moving the RV home but to where DH is hospitalized as we will be here for at least a month.

Horizons28
Explorer
Explorer
A change now, DH admitted in Spokane and too ill to transfer so we’re about 31/2 hours from the RV and staying put. It’s transport for the RV only as I have the truck. I’ll call the campground tomorrow, it’s a family run place that may know some local options now that the round trip could be made in one day rather than cross country from WA to NC. As to the friend suggestion, I have a volunteer in NC but I sure hate to impose a cross country trip on him just to move the RV 200 miles. The campground owner has been great and is blocking my space past my original departure date.