cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone own a Everest and replaced the Tail lights with LED

W7PSK
Explorer
Explorer
They are 4" flange mount and Im having a dickens of a time picking out the myraid of 4" options. Some say 5in with 4 lens etc etc. I just want to find a set that would fit the stock and change me over to LED stop turn tail. Going to replace the white backup lights (usless pretty much) with Stop Turn tail and wire them with the outside stop turn tail.

So anyone done it ?
Rick and Diane Scott
2011 Ford F350 XLT Crew Cab
2008 Keystone Everest 322R
Itsy and Bitsy tagging along
17 REPLIES 17

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
aruba5er wrote:
why spend the time and money? a 1157 bulb was designed for your tailight and the present light meets DOT standards It's not like you need to save power or the fixture makes too much heat. Now if it was interior lighting, thats a differant story, where you can save battery power and get much needed light. Forgetaboutit.

Totally agree. I trucked for 20 years and worked at night most of that time. Rarely saw campers traveling at night. Why change them out if you are parked somewhere at night anyway?
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

W7PSK
Explorer
Explorer
The ones I got were grommet mount. Unfortunately the Everest has molded receptacles for the lights so Flange Mount is required. I cant seem to find any good ones. We head out next Friday so Im going to replace the LED bulbs back to stock and wait till I find some good LED lights next time.
Rick and Diane Scott

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
Rick. I droped the back up wire down and bought two lights and mounted them below.
Den.
2017 Landmark Arlington 365
2015 Silverado LTZ 3500 c/c LWB.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
routemaster wrote:
Yep.Here you go.

American Superlite Model SL4000

Those look very similar to ours, only ours already has the 2 lights per side in addition to the reverse lights.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

W7PSK
Explorer
Explorer
routemaster wrote:
http://www.empirechromeshop.com/p-1528-american-superlite-red-4-round-15-diode-led-stopturntail-light.aspx
Rick shop around.
Den.

Thanks Den, think I found a nice set.
Ill remember about drilling the hole when I install them. Heading to Phoenix next week and wanted them installed and ready to go. Never use the back ups so converting them to Stop Turn Tail.
Rick and Diane Scott

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.empirechromeshop.com/p-1528-american-superlite-red-4-round-15-diode-led-stopturntail-light.aspx
Rick shop around.
Den.

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
Rick.On the lens it stamped SL4000,I drilled a hole between the two pockets so as to conect the lights to gether four stop and two and two turn.
Den.

W7PSK
Explorer
Explorer
routemaster wrote:
Yep.Here you go.

What model are those lights, I have the indentations like you do, so The long oblong like jjj's wouldn't work. Those would.
Rick and Diane Scott

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
Yep.Here you go.

American Superlite Model SL4000

aruba5er
Explorer
Explorer
why spend the time and money? a 1157 bulb was designed for your tailight and the present light meets DOT standards It's not like you need to save power or the fixture makes too much heat. Now if it was interior lighting, thats a differant story, where you can save battery power and get much needed light. Forgetaboutit.

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
Go to Bargman.com.
They have an LED upgrade kit and several LED tail lights.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
I think my trailer has a similar set up in the rear cap as your Everest, and it has 4" LED tail lights from the factory that work very well. It is in indoor storage right now so I can't get you a part number but I'll try to remember when I get it out of storage in 3-4 weeks.

It does have back up lights as well that work well. I like them because at the very least it warns anyone behind that I am reversing.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

packnrat
Explorer
Explorer
pending the source of the leds they can be worse than junk.
the better ones will blind any behind you.

only takes money.

pay the price, buy the best.
and only cry once.
2006 F250 4X4 auto 6.0 short bed
2001 sunnybrook 24 ft
1984 cj7 built up a bit
kg6tgu
never too many toys, just not enought room to keep them
one dog who belives she is the master. rip 12 12 2007
12 loving years and loyal to the end.
just out having fun

jjj
Explorer
Explorer
I do not have a Everest but I do have A 2004 Challenger which was the sister of the Everest. I put 4 of these on the back of mine. They are surface mount and I ran 2 of them Vertical to cover the screw holes from the old Bargman lights. They are very bright and have had no trouble with them for 8 years now.
2002 F-350 Crew-Cab Dually
V-10-4.30 gears Mag-Hytec diff.cover
w/Amsoil-6.0 trans cooler Curt Q5 20K hitch & bedsaver
2005 Keystone Challenger 34TBH-Fifth Airbourn