cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATS - Transfer switch location

roamy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 Grand Junction TMS. I believe the ATS switch is fried. I called 3 dealers and dutchemn direct and no one knows where the transfer switch is located. I lookec under all the cabinets and bed and nothing. I can't even find where the shore power comes in.

Any help would be appreciated.

roamy

fousto@me.com
5 REPLIES 5

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Does it actually have one? The typically are not standard, they are included in a generator prep option.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

consumeratlarge
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a transfer switch that was designed to piggy back on the rear side of the power converter. I installed it, and it did indeed slide onto some plastic rails built in the unit. I used it to transfer between inverter and shore power. I believe it was a WFCO converter and transfer switch. I had to unscrew the converter, pull it forward, in order to mount the transfer switch.

Also, I bought a little camera on a flexible line that plugs into the laptop for looking in the hidden areas to try to trace wiring and it helped solve some mysteries without disassembling anything.
Coachmen Pursuit 31BDP 2013, 300w solar, 1200w sine inverter, In-motion Winegard Dome sat. ant., L.E.D. lights, P2 brake controller, Yamaha 250 on back carrier, or pulling Stehl dolly with Hyundai Santa Fe

older_hippie
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced my ATS last year, I couldn't find it. Went to my local RV dealer and talked to their repairman, he asked if I had pull the breaker panel. I pulled the breaker panel, and found it crammed into a spot behind the breaker panel.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
roamy wrote:
I have a 2007 Grand Junction TMS. I believe the ATS switch is fried. I called 3 dealers and dutchemn direct and no one knows where the transfer switch is located. I lookec under all the cabinets and bed and nothing. I can't even find where the shore power comes in.

Any help would be appreciated.

roamy

fousto@me.com

My transfer switch is in the front battery compartment. There was a recall on the Iota 50r transfer switch, I had mine replaced. They are hard to miss, but yours could be buried somewhere.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
A transfer switch is used to swap power between a shore power connection and a generator connection.

Where does the shore power cord come into rig? Rear/mid/front
Where does the generator power come into rig? Rear/mid/front

From the transfer switch power then goes to main ac distribution panel

In my 5th wheel the transfer switch was behind a false wall in basement compartment (wall was rearward of compartment......hiding plumbing, wiring and furnace)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31