cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bears

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
http://billingsgazette.com/lifestyles/recreation/bear-climbs-hunter-s-tree-stand/article_dd78fa31-e8...

Saw this today
2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 DMAX CC
2004 Thor Wanderer Wagon 247WTB
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition
11 REPLIES 11

derwud
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Y-Guy wrote:
derwud I laughed pretty good when I first read the title "Bear, cubs break into Monrovia home, help selves to cat" wasn't as funny when I saw "food" on the second line. I was thinking damn that's my kind of bear! 🙂

I have two cats I'm willing to donate. Can I just box them up and mail them to Jellystone Park?

Boo-Boo and Yogi will put them in a pic-a-nic basket and go party with the Ranger!!

Sister is still pissed about all the clean-up... It is to the point that my Dad can not leave a window or door open without a Bear trying to come in!!! He has a cabin and no Bears there...
2005 Nissan Titan CC SE 4x4, 2006 Weekend Warrior FS2300
2 Quads, 2 Motorcycle and a '06 Rhino
1 Patient Wife, 1 Crazy child, 1 sweet baby.
RIP Bubba and Toby, we love you.

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
We had a big blue cat once, he had 3 confirmed bear kills......He was killed by a military drone.....
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

fly-boy
Explorer
Explorer
Be very careful if using cats for bait- I have actually witnessed the vicious "PETA Monster" charge a hunter for just having the thought of tying a cat to a stake- very similar to the charge one could expect from an injured Cape Buffalo. Scary indeed!

As for the guy in the tree- Nerves of steel!
I would have shot that bear long before it ever got that close to me.
2016 Chevy LTZ
2009 WW HKD
A few toys...

dedmiston
Y-Guy wrote:
derwud I laughed pretty good when I first read the title "Bear, cubs break into Monrovia home, help selves to cat" wasn't as funny when I saw "food" on the second line. I was thinking damn that's my kind of bear! 🙂

I have two cats I'm willing to donate. Can I just box them up and mail them to Jellystone Park?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Y-Guy

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

derwud
Explorer
Explorer
This was at my Dad's house!!!

Bear breaks into a house
2005 Nissan Titan CC SE 4x4, 2006 Weekend Warrior FS2300
2 Quads, 2 Motorcycle and a '06 Rhino
1 Patient Wife, 1 Crazy child, 1 sweet baby.
RIP Bubba and Toby, we love you.

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Without a dought there was, or had been food up there before. Do the bears then walk over to a trash can?

Still, great video!
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
[/img]

This guy walked right up to my truck and was less than 10' from me.
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

sunnybrooktoyha
Explorer
Explorer
Very cool video

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
I would love to know if that human hunter had any food up in that tree stand. If not, guess that bear wanted to see what was going on up there.
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
After camping in the Sierras last October and coming within a few feet of a bear looking for food in my truck, this looks a little scary. I have a pic of the bear I came across somewhere, I need to find it.
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition