cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping World Paint and Fabric Protection

bodacious
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone out there have any knowledge of Camping world's $795 "Paint and Fabric
Protection plan" offered on their used units? Good, bad, ripoff, other?
Bodacious & Bride
'00 Northern Lite 10-2000 RR
'06 Escalade CK
'03 GMC 3500 Duramax
17 REPLIES 17

Bamaman11
Explorer
Explorer
I hate to tell you but unless an RV is aluminum sided, there is no paint on it. The laminated sided and fiberglass sided trailers don't have paint.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
blkdodge wrote:
Auto dealers do this all the time and won't take of the invoice Nothing more than a wax job. This all started in Az in the early 80's. I coined a term for this that got to known around the state. Unfortunately I can't make public on this site. But other dealerships would call for a specific vehicle the first question would be has the car been ------yet. It was hilarious but i guess you had to be there.

when they slide the "quote" in front of me, the first thing I do is draw a line thru this Krappola.
bumpy

blkdodge
Explorer
Explorer
Auto dealers do this all the time and won't take of the invoice Nothing more than a wax job. This all started in Az in the early 80's. I coined a term for this that got to known around the state. Unfortunately I can't make public on this site. But other dealerships would call for a specific vehicle the first question would be has the car been ------yet. It was hilarious but i guess you had to be there.
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW/2012 Heartland Landmark San Antonio.

richfaa
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know what product they use to protect the paint but I would find out first. Upholstery spray does good job for less cost. Do some homework and find out exactly what you might be buying.
2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky. 08 Ford F-350 6.4L

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
$790.00 profit....$5.00 worth of product...Sounds like a good deal to me. Can't think of a better way to keep the economy rolling than to purchase nothing for something..If I was at a dealer and they started to lean on me me to purchase something like this I would walk out on the entire deal....I think it borders on immoral to even try to rip people off this way...

B.O.

reminds me of years back when I bought a vehicle and the last stop was the "closer", trying to up sell stuff. wanted to sell me undercoating, I said I was going to get it Zebarted at more money than they wanted to do it. then she said that the metal on the body was much thinner than previous years so needed their special coating. I pointed out that if it was built that cheaply, perhaps I should rethink my purchase. that shut her up. ๐Ÿ™‚
bumpy

alboy
Explorer
Explorer
Ive had Diamond coating /paint protector done on a few of my new trucks,looked great for a number of years.IVE used good wax but nothing comes close.Upholstery i spray on myself/scotchguard.

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
A GIANT waste of your $$$ and puts a lot of $$$ in CW's pocket. SAve your money and spend it on waxing it by a professional.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
$790.00 profit....$5.00 worth of product...Sounds like a good deal to me. Can't think of a better way to keep the economy rolling than to purchase nothing for something..If I was at a dealer and they started to lean on me me to purchase something like this I would walk out on the entire deal....I think it borders on immoral to even try to rip people off this way...

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
Good one Old-Biscuit
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
jfkmk wrote:
I don't have first hand knowledge specific to Camping Worlds version of this protection plan, but it's usually a tin of wax and a can of scotch guard. Awfully expensive for what you get.

My first thoughts precisely.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
A huge profit maker for them, don't fall for it - you don't need it.

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
When will consumers wake up to these types of overpriced scams???

I'll spray your rig down with a bottle of 303 protectant for half that... LOL
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
and the person who sells it to you probably gets about $300 for doing so.
bumpy

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's called 'up selling'.

Read about the 'method' and 'intent' HERE
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31