cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cant decide which brand

motoxgirl419
Explorer
Explorer
We are still considering our options and trying to decide between a heartland cyclone or going a different route. We have also looked at the Raptor.But since we are new to this, we aren't sure which brands to start looking at. We are not wanting to spend more than 40,000. We are wanting it for motocross racing and when we aren't racing we want to go camping with our dogs. I don't want something that is known to have problems. Any suggestions?
12 REPLIES 12

rb71
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe a momentum?
I like the z frame and 2 axles instead of 3. It's has some nice lay outs.
Bobby
2014 Ram 3500 mega dually
2013 Voltage 3895
Pullrite 4400

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Taco wrote:
If you are a serious racer I would look elsewhere than the rv industry for a race trailer. I would look at regular race trailers with living quarters or even a toterhome if you are a serious racer that does a lot of traveling. '

For casual racers that also want to take regular trips I would say most of the brands are all the same as far as build quality. Just find the floor plan, graphics and features you want. They all build lemons and they all build decent ones. Just luck of the draw.

What taco said is the truth. We race ATVs 14 races a year throughout NC and SC. We had a Cyclone for two years. It was the most miserable camper we've ever owned. One problem after another and dealing with Heartland made it far worse.

We decided this year to get a new Work & Play. Not as fancy as the Cyclones, Raptors, etc. but far tougher built for taking to the track. We really enjoy it and its a far better choice for your budget, too.

Eyetattoo
Explorer
Explorer
You might also want to check out the Eclipse lines of THs. When we upgrade we are going to get the newer Attitude 32iBG. Here is their link Eclipse THs.
2015 2500HD Duramax LTZ Crew Cab
2005 26' Attitude Toy Hauler
2007 GSXR600
2004 YFZ450
2006 TRX90
2013 Raptor 90
2007 Raptor 350

Is it time to camp yet?!

motoxgirl419
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the advice. We aren't diehard racers that do all over the country. But we have been to a few nationals throughout different states in the past. But my daughter is getting older, she's 19, and in college, so I don't see her doing it past 4-5 years. So then we wanted to use it mainly for camping and taking a golf cart with us. So I think the 5th wheel would give us enough room for what we want. I love the floor plan of the cyclone 3950. But we will keep looking at other brands as well. Thanks again

Sprinks542
Explorer
Explorer
Taco wrote:
If you are a serious racer I would look elsewhere than the rv industry for a race trailer. I would look at regular race trailers with living quarters or even a toterhome if you are a serious racer that does a lot of traveling. '

For casual racers that also want to take regular trips I would say most of the brands are all the same as far as build quality. Just find the floor plan, graphics and features you want. They all build lemons and they all build decent ones. Just luck of the draw.

Good advice!
15 Ford F-350 DRW PSD CC
17 417 Fuzion
15 Xds Turbo Maverick.
13 Maverick X rs
07 Can-Am Outlander 800
08 Can-Am Renegade 500

Taco
Explorer
Explorer

steiny93
Explorer
Explorer
we ended up with a cyclone; also looked at the fusion and the voltage and the raptor lines; I think they are all pretty good rigs, it'll just depend upon which features matter most to you

definitely walk through the same model you are looking at before buying

regardless of the brand you'll find folks who have had issues

we are happy with the cyclone; but the next one will be a Forks with a double stacker
2000 Volvo 610
2013 Cyclone 3950

Spleenstomper
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at cyclone but the kitchen cabinets were too high for me to reach.
Jennifer plus Hubby empty nest and two spoiled English bulldogs

2020 Momentum 320G with king bed!
2014 Ford F 350 DRW Lariat

The Toys:
Jacked up EX go,Old Yamaha 4 wheeler,Polaris RZR (seats 2)
Robalo R 227 dual console

motoxgirl419
Explorer
Explorer
You have a point. At first we were looking at a bumper pull at a dealership, I walked into it and noticed bad water damage coming from a wall in the master bedroom. So I pointed it out. Not one was the salesman going to say something to me. Then as I was walking out I noticed a soft spot in the floor. So again I pointed it out. And maybe they didn't know about it but I will just have to check it out carefully before buying. Thanks for the comments

CabinetmakerII
Explorer
Explorer
Regardless of which brand you choose, they all have some issues. We ordered ours from the factory hoping the factory folks would pay closer attention to detail knowing it was a special order. Suffice to say we had our share of issues. Now that we have had it for a while, we think we have most of the bugs worked out. New or used, $20K or $100K something is always in need of attention. Good luck in your search!
Cabinetmaker

2021 DRV 39 DBRS3
2017 F-450 4X4, Riece 24K Hitch
2011 F-450 4X4, Companion 18K Hitch, Air Bags (Retired)
2012 Cyclone 3800, 5th Airborne Kingpin (Retired)
2018 Polairs 1000 XP Side by Side

motoxgirl419
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at 5th wheel. I did see a Fusion that I liked. I just wasn't sure on the quality.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if your looking for a 5er Toy Hauler or a TT Toy Hauler. If looking at 5er's, ever consider the Fusion?

Click here. Select the floor plans, have fun exploring.