cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Carriage Cameo

WE_CAMP2
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Cameo and I am interested in installing a rear receiver for a carrier. If anyone has a factory or aftermarket receiver installed on their Cameo I would love some pics showing the install.
2017 F250 CC SB PSD & 2008 Cameo 5'er
6 REPLIES 6

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
Not everyone is maxed on CCC and suspension. My Morryde lre rubber is in good shape after 12+ years. I have 3k CCC and I don't even use half of it. Use good judgement! Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
Ours came rom the factory with Pullrite hitch bolted between the frame rails.
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
SDcampowneroperator wrote:

Do not put a carrier on a Cameo. We put on a hitch for our boat we bought in Dryden,On. with a tongue wt. of 75kilos, had severe frame troubles and moreryde equalizers failure.
Carriage advertised 3/16 2x6 frame tubing, but over axle its 1/8 The 7k dexter axles are at limit, as are the 12" by 2" electric brakes.
Read my previous posts
Max

What year is your Cameo?
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Tom ,
Do not put a carrier on a Cameo. We put on a hitch for our boat we bought in Dryden,On. with a tongue wt. of 75kilos, had severe frame troubles and moreryde equalizers failure.
Carriage advertised 3/16 2x6 frame tubing, but over axle its 1/8 The 7k dexter axles are at limit, as are the 12" by 2" electric brakes.
Read my previous posts
Max

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have a factory install on my 2012 Cameo. Unfortunately, I can't send a pic until we go back to NC in September. If you don't get anything by then and still want a picture, send me a private message on this site.

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
We had a custom hitch welded to the frame on our 2008 Cameo. The shop was a custom weld shop that also installed tow brackets and such to cars.

With a good welder, he can determine what he needs to connect on the trailer for a good solid connection.

We don't have the trailer any longer, so photos. You might check on the Carriage/Lifestyle forum on the internet.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot