cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cedar Creek Touring Edition (Full Body Paint)

HSVBamaBob
Explorer
Explorer
We are thinking of pulling the trigger on a 2016 Cedar creek 38RD and would like to hear the pros and cons of Full Body Paint.

One option you can get with this unit is what FR calls "Touring Edition" this includes not only the full body paint but it includes a 6 point Lippert hydraulic leveling system as well. This really softens the $5K sticker shock of full body paint.

Still, I would like to hear from folks about their opinions on full body paint.
39 REPLIES 39

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know about the paint, but the levellers are definitely worth it. Theres nothing like pushing a button and standing back and watch the whole coach level itself up. however it does have a bit of a learning curve , there is a set of procedures to go through to unhitch and hitch up.
2017 F350 Ruby Red Super Cab Dually 6.7 3.55 gears. B&W Companion 25K. BackRack. Gatorback mud guards. AUX65FCBRG aux tank. 2021 GD 380fl
2010 GMC Savanna 3500 extended 6.0

HSVBamaBob
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the quick replies folks! I was pretty convinced that Full Body Paint was the way to go but DW was balking at the price...not so much now that she has seen your comments 😄

HSVBamaBob
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Nice feature, but the dark colors they mfg's tend to use would make it really hard to cool in hot climates I would think.

Which is why we were considering the "Champaign" color scheme.

BTW, does anyone know what the "Custom Paint" option is in the Cedar creek? :?

HSVBamaBob
Explorer
Explorer
Boxer Lovers wrote:
We have bothh features. Love the paint. It holds up and really adds to the appearance.

Love the 6 point leveling MOST of the time. Occasionally it freezes up and won't work. I recycle it a few times and that resolvrs it. Its an electronic issue. Other than that, its a great system that eliminates much of the hassle of leveling the trailer.

Will Ya'll be going to the FROG International Rally in Goshen this year? If so, Forest River will fix that problem for you free of charge (probably by swapping out the electronics package).

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I think $5k for those two items is a bargain and not only would I pay it but my next RV (a fiver) will have to have full body paint.
I'm not going to deal with stickers going bad after a couple of years of camping in the sun.

tmmar
Explorer
Explorer
You should go to the Forest River Forums and check there. Here is a link to the Cedar Creek area.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f23/

Hope this helps with your decision.
2014 40' Forest River Berkshire DP Bunkhouse

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Full body paint is totally worth it to me, gorgeous coach and easy to maintain. The only negative I have had is the paint goes over caulking and seals so any rework is going to show (even if you use clear), and any repairs such as cabinet doors or fenders require an additional stop to the paint shop.

The 6 pt leveling is worth its weight in gold as well, and that package would have to help resale.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

wkswenson
Explorer
Explorer
ask questions about "Full Body Paint" - specifically Cedar Creek (and others) have been having some problems with Gel Front Caps oxidizing and looking like crap. We have gel front cap and have not had any problems yet (knock on wood)...

Otherwise we love our Cedar Creek with the 6-point level up system.
Walter & Donna Swenson
2013 Cedar Creek 38FL - Front Living, Trail Air
2011 Dodge RAM 3500 6.7 CTD DRW CC LB
Our Website - "A Work in Progress"

Boxer_Lovers
Explorer
Explorer
We have bothh features. Love the paint. It holds up and really adds to the appearance.

Love the 6 point leveling MOST of the time. Occasionally it freezes up and won't work. I recycle it a few times and that resolvrs it. Its an electronic issue. Other than that, its a great system that eliminates much of the hassle of leveling the trailer.
Dave, Robin, and Buster the Boxer
2008 Beaver Contessa, 42, Caterpillar 425
Toad 2017 Ram 1500, Quad Cab, Limited, M&G brake, Blue Ox.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice feature, but the dark colors they mfg's tend to use would make it really hard to cool in hot climates I would think.