cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell phone signal booster

Sturgeon-Phish
Explorer
Explorer
We're looking for a means to boost the signal to our cell phones.

Where we're set up there is a signal, but it is spotty at best. My mother-in-law's health is so-so and my wife like to be able to be in contact if needed.

What are some of the boosters you've used?
Thank you
Jim
2003 GMC 3500 crew dually. Transfer Flow 50g aux tank; ISSPRO gauges, PPE boost valve, air box mods, stock exhaust w/o muffler, Line-X, Pace Edwards bed locker power tonneau. B&W Companion. Pulls a '05 Wildcat 31QBH 5th wheel
7 REPLIES 7

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
Wilson Sleek. If there is a signal to boost, it works very well. This method works much better than the suction cup on the glass that comes with the kit. I mounted a pc of galv steel on top of a painter pole (for the magnetic base of the antenna) with extension capability, and once we set up camping, I stick it in a flagpole mounted on the bottom of the TT. Small cable from antenna goes thru a window that is barely cracked open and hooks to the Sleek Cradle, where I put my phone. I bought the antenna upgrade from Wilson and highly recommend it -- it is about 14" long and has much better gain than the stubby antenna that comes with the cradle.

I have a longer TT now, but the setup was transferred.

screen cap

alboy
Explorer
Explorer
Use the wilson,quite happy with it.One bar will give me 3, i use a 18 inch antenna,also it can be used like a regular cellphone as long as i am within 6 ft of the booster,paid about 300 $$ for it.

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
I also use a Wilson Sleek. Works great. I have the Sleek in my truck with the taller magnetic antenna on the roof and also the Wilson Office kit in my 5th wheel. Works great. I usually gain 2 bars using the Sleek.

2 things to know -

1. There must be some kind of signal for the Sleek to amplify. If you do not get any signal at all, then the Sleek will not be able to help (nor will any other antenna booster).

2. The phone must sit in the Sleek cradle. So you might look into a Bluetooth solution too.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Wilson Sleek from walmart.com
then order the taller Wilson antenna and the window mount suction cup.
Wilson has great customer service!!
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Sturgeon-Phish
Explorer
Explorer
My bad; didn't search first. Thanks for the links!
Jim
2003 GMC 3500 crew dually. Transfer Flow 50g aux tank; ISSPRO gauges, PPE boost valve, air box mods, stock exhaust w/o muffler, Line-X, Pace Edwards bed locker power tonneau. B&W Companion. Pulls a '05 Wildcat 31QBH 5th wheel

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you searched online? There is a very recent thread here covering the subject quite well.

Or Here!

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cell booster post
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman