cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Crosswind Tires

cacti86
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have these on their camper and if so how are they holding up. We put Michelons on about 3 years ago and they are already starting to crack on the sidewalls.I want a good tire but don't want to spend a fortune on them.
2008 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 33CKT
2006 Ford 250,SC,6.0 PSD,LB,4x4
Proud member of the North Carolina Patriot Guard
Standing for those that stood for us
5 REPLIES 5

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
B.O. Plenty wrote:
Why would you even consider a tire nobody ever heard of? Where will you go for service if it is under warranty and fails on the road. Stick with a name brand. You will get what you pay for.

B.O.

X2, just asking or begging for trouble.
Michelin tires had serious problems with cracking a few years ago. You might check to see if you can get a generous allowance towards a new set.
They may have cracked but they never left you sitting.

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
md_procouple wrote:
Your opening up a BIG can of worms as you will see, like asking what brand camper is the best. There will be many many replies. We have and prefer Saliuns, we have had those 3 yrs, on our 5er' have not had a problem with them, they are one of the foreign brands that get the better reviews, at least in our opinion. Another brand we have had luck with is Trail King. Good Luck and Happy Camping !!

I'm having Sailuns put on tomorrow. They are a heavy truck tire manufacture that happen to make some HD trailer tires.
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why would you even consider a tire nobody ever heard of? Where will you go for service if it is under warranty and fails on the road. Stick with a name brand. You will get what you pay for.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
cacti86 wrote:
Does anyone have these on their camper and if so how are they holding up. We put Michelons on about 3 years ago and they are already starting to crack on the sidewalls.I want a good tire but don't want to spend a fortune on them.

I have had good luck with the Good Year G949RSA 235/85R16 steel belted tire. I get 6 years wear and could take a chance and go for 7 yrs. but with tires I buy new tires every 6 yrs. I want to be safe and not sorry.

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
Your opening up a BIG can of worms as you will see, like asking what brand camper is the best. There will be many many replies. We have and prefer Saliuns, we have had those 3 yrs, on our 5er' have not had a problem with them, they are one of the foreign brands that get the better reviews, at least in our opinion. Another brand we have had luck with is Trail King. Good Luck and Happy Camping !!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W