cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking at moving to a 5th wheel

TAG35115
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for input on a new 5th wheel. Two ceader creek models, the 34 RE & the 34RL2. The keystone Montana 3160. Keystone alpine 3401RS & the 3301GR. My top 4 picks ,the input from DW. This would be a new purcahse.
My TV is a 2015 gmc 3500 D/A SRW Denali.
10 REPLIES 10

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
You can try a using a "Lube Plate" to take up some of the space on the hitch. All it is, a plastic disc placed on the king pin acts as a lube so there is metal on metal, and takes up about 1/2 in in play. Good Luck and Happy Camping !!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W

IBcarguy
Explorer
Explorer
I just moved from a TT to my first 5th wheel. I like the 5er but hate towing it. The TT towed much smoother. I'm trying different things with the hitch in hopes of improving the chucking and jerking but I'm learning that this is a common characteristic of 5th wheels. I'm starting to wish I had my trailer back.

limericc
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
garyp4951 wrote:
Cedar Creek, best customer service out there.

I thought Grand Design had the best. ๐Ÿ™‚

Me too.
Crystal

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
garyp4951 wrote:

I thought Grand Design had the best. ๐Ÿ™‚

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a 2015 3500 RAM SRW. We found that the Cedar Creek 34RL had a lower pin weight along with the Bighorn we purchased. All but the smallest Montana were pin heavy also the larger Cardinals.

Get something with under 2500 dry pin weight for your SRW truck. Also look at carrying capacity, you want around at least 3k.

I believe 2015 GM's got the new HAD frame, and a SRW should handle trailers in this size fine.

Our SRW tows the 39'4" BH great. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well all three of those units will be right at the maximum for your 2015 SRW GMC. The lightest is the, Alpine @ 15,000# GVWR, the heaviest is the Cedar Creek 34RL2 @ 16,270 GVWR. You might squeak in under GVWR and maybe tire rating, but that is a lot of weight to tow with a SRW.

All are nice rigs, might consider getting a DRW TV to go with them.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Montana is owned by Thor. Not the most stellar of reputations. But Montana has been number one volume sellers for several years, so somebody likes them. If you really want an idea of how each hold up, look at used ones. I ammpartian to Cedar Creeks for their outatanding customer service.

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
Well 1st. try and figure out what your needs will be in a couple of years and go form there. We prefer Keystone's Montana, after all the units we looked at, that fit our needs for now and future. Good Luck and Happy Camping !!!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W

Winnebago_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
Why the limit to those brands?
2017 Winnebago Aspect 27K