cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trouble with auto leveling system on DRV

Hobo2
Explorer
Explorer
My auto leveling system front feet are going down about a half inch every 12 hours. Any suggestions on how I might fix.
11 REPLIES 11

Gib3633
Explorer
Explorer
I had this problem this winter and they would retract in a couple of hours. Your solenoids are located above the batteries with the hydraulic reservoir. If you look there are 3 solenoids together and on off to the right by itself.
Auto level the trailer and then tap the solenoid with a screwdriver and the problem will be solved. I purchased two solenoids and two coils from Lazy Days to have ready as they are the same to operate slides. Anyway a tap to seat the valve solved the problem and until his solution stops I have no intention to change it . To change it I believe you would want to be hitched to the truck so the cylinders wouldn't retract blowing oil all over the compartment. In the park we were in , to hook up I would have to block the street and the tap on the valve solved the problem.

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
An "anti-stiction" additive is a good first step with any hydraulic system that is acting up. Learned this over decades of servicing hydraulic elevators. Some would have the issue, others, not. Same with RV's. Some will 'pop' and 'jerk', identical ones won't. Who knows why. It's a cheap fix that often works miracles. Try it. Motorcycle fork oil or Caterpillar hydraulic oil additive.

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Do some reading on the Thor forum DRV section, 5th wheel forums, Suites Owners Forum. That subject is being discussed there now.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yeah, what he said. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dan

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Do some reading on the Thor forum DRV section, 5th wheel forums, Suites Owners Forum. That subject is being discussed there now.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
Are you using some pads under the jacks? We would get some settling on occasion which I think was related to the park site. Concrete ones no problem but gravel or grass seemed to settle because the jacks were slowly sinking just a bit. We now use about 6" of pads under each jack no matter what is under us.

May not help but if you have the Lippert system there is a service bulletin which says basically to remove a quart of fluid and add a quart of Torco racing fork fluid to stop the jacks from popping and cracking with movement inside the coach. I have the fluid but have not added it yet. We do get some of the popping especially when parked on a gravel pad. Like I said, if you have a Lippert Level Up system that will probably not help with the issue you are having but something you may want to have done.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

SanMarMor
Explorer
Explorer
Hobo2 wrote:
Would a tripod stand help support the weight of my DRV til i can get fixed.

A tripod isn't designed to support the weight of the front of a 5er. At best, it "might" slow the drop. Most likely, it will crush the tripod.

At least that's my opinion, as a 32 year tool designer.
Mark
2007.5 Chevy 3500HD Crew DMax Dually 4x4 w/ Curt Q5 20K Hitch
2011 Sabre 31RETS-6 w/ TrailAir Pin

44 nights in 2013, 37 nights in 2014, 27 nights in 2015, 29 nights in 2016
34 nights in 2017, 27 in 2018

http://camping.morrises.com/

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Hobo2 wrote:

For a very short bit perhaps IMO as the legs are not made of that great of metal to hold up that much weight. Just to add in supporting it to stabilize.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
Hobo2 wrote:

NO.
Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

Hobo2
Explorer
Explorer

rav
Explorer
Explorer
we are having the same problem- not as bad as yours but they go down enough over a few days we feel it in the camper. the dealer thinks it might be the solenoid valve leaking ever so slightly -

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Leaky valve or seal. Time to see dealer.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021