cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Curt vs B&W

Madfun119
Explorer
Explorer
I have a F350 Super Duty with the puck system. Seeing great reviews for both. Curt appears considerably less expensive.
50 REPLIES 50

JeffPhillips
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for that reply mudmaker. That does not help Curts explanation for the problems much.

mudmaker
Explorer
Explorer
JeffPhillips wrote:
I have a 2017 F350 4x4 and pull a Jayco Pinnacle with a MORryde pin box. Curt says the problem is they are both set in rubber and they are fighting each other when hooking up. I am also getting some chucking too. To those that see I have just used it 4 times
I have owned two other fifth wheels but had a Reese hitch and never had problems like this.

The head of the B&W is set on rubber pads as well. My last camper I had a Morryde hitch too and never experienced any chucking.
Glen and Loretta
Marc, Jake, Kirsten and fur kids Dexter and Bernie
2017 KZ Venom 4114TK Toy Hauler
2015 GMC Acadia
15 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax
11 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
tinner12002 wrote:
Showme 5vr wrote:
No experience with Curt but I do have a B&W, would not trade it!

X2

x3
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
B&W 3600 on my truck, love it.. hitches and unhitches with no issues and I've never experienced any chucking. Mine fits in the puck system.

Jim
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm very happy with my B&W hitch, and have been for the past 10 years.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
JeffPhillips wrote:
I have a 2017 F350 4x4 and pull a Jayco Pinnacle with a MORryde pin box. Curt says the problem is they are both set in rubber and they are fighting each other when hooking up. I am also getting some chucking too. To those that see I have just used it 4 times
I have owned two other fifth wheels but had a Reese hitch and never had problems like this.

Jeff...you've got the best truck, and a really nice FW! I'd sell that Q24 on e-bay, wherever. The Q24 is a popular hitch, should bring a good price. Now get the 3300, and enjoy the ease of hooking/unhooking! The quality build, ease of operation, and great customer service, is what makes B&W fanboys. Oh, the 3300 is lightweight too.

Jerry

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
""Foreign parts"?? Don't know where you got that from!"

Call CURT if you want or just look at your hitch. It is "Made in China" plain and simple.

Curt makes many other products in USA (I own a couple) but their 5er hitches are ALL Made in China.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

waltbennett
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
Curt uses foreign made parts assembled in the U.S. Decent unit a little hard to operate at times. B&W is all made in America with all American raw materials. Easiest hitch I have ever hitched or unhitched. Very smooth, positive operation. Shop online and there isn't much price difference. You will get what you pay for.

B.O.

"Foreign parts"?? Don't know where you got that from! I've had a Q20 for five years now and towed our Montana with it for over 45k miles - we're now in Oregon and heading back east on our fourth trip of over two months each. Never had any issues with the hitch and it's only refused to operate once - my fault for trying to connect when off camber and at a severe angle.

I really believe hitch choice is up to the individual. Get which ever one you feel you can operate in your truck the easiest. They all work well if you keep them greased and clean.
'06 F350 TD, Softopper, airbags, AeroShield, coolant filter
'10 3665RE Hickory edition, wetbolts, Firestone LTs, Trimetric Battery Monitor, 4x100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking.

JeffPhillips
Explorer
Explorer

Big1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the B&W slider and it seem to be solid but then again this is my first 5th Wheel hitch and the one thing that I like that I have a ball turnover that I can use as a gooseneck.
2022 Ram Laramie 3500 6.7L CTD CCLB
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
another B&W fan here - looked at the Curt product and in my mind the only reason most would buy it would be to save money, doesn't look like a quality product IMO.
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

Nlambert182
Explorer
Explorer
I have the B&W Companion slider (3405) in my Ram 2500 and love it. Very easy and quick to hook up and there is never any doubt that there has been a positive engagement of the jaws. Unhooking is even easier.

My friend has a Curt Q24 in his Ram 3500 SRW and while it has always worked (eventually), he has had a few more issues with his. Typically his issues are with getting the jaws to lock and unlock. It can take some finagling at times to get it to work properly.

For me.... I'll hang onto the B&W. It's been a breeze.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Curt vs B&W hitch ?? Same as Ford vs Chevy.
Both are top hitches for light duty work such as pulling a rv.

Hitch brand/truck brand comments are alway amusing from those who have never owned the product or I had one back in the day.

Keep in mind popular doesn't always = best bang for the bucks ie; ST tires being popular.
I would choose the one that best suits your needs.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
RCMAN46 wrote:
I do not believe I have seen a Curt do this.

In a rollover, all bets are off.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
I do not believe I have seen a Curt do this.