jadoca
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody have thoughts or experience with this hauler? Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

tjar66
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2007 305j it is a 5er. I bought it new and have had issues but overall a solid built trailer. My buddy just bought a nonDF trailer and has more issues in one summer than I have had in 7 years.
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins
2007 Desert Fox 305j
2011 Yamaha Raptor 700
2005 Yamaha Raptor 350 Wife's
2004 Honda 450r Sons
2007 Honda 250ex Daughter

nvreloader
Explorer
Explorer
I have owned my 2009 Desert Fox 28KS since 2010, I have been under over and thru just about every TH made on the West side of the US, in the 2 yrs I spent searching for a good TH.

IMHO, there is not a better or well made TH than the Desert Fox series. We spent several months last yr in -20*+ freezing weather for over 2+ weeks at a time.

Never had a problem, other than the bathroom H20 line would freeze for about an hour, then thaw out and using a 30 gal LPG bottle every 3-5 days. Now have a 100 gal bottle that goes to the camp site.

As has been noted, the DF are not the glamor type TH, but they are heavy, rough and tuff, which means more to me than glamor etc. I have pulled this TH into spots that other TH can't get to, no ground clearance etc.

If and when I buy another TH if WILL be a Desert Fox, with no questions asked.

If you have any doubts, contact the Northwood factory in LeGrande, OR and find out when they are building the DF series, then take a trip and go thru the factory tour. You will be impressed with how they do the building and their quality control etc.

IMHO, you can't have a better TH, if you plan on using it.

Tia,
Don
2010 F-350,6.4PSD, 6spd man trans,CC,SWB,SRW, Caravan camper shell,50 gal bed tank,17,000lb Husky WD hitch,Northwoods 2008 28KS Desert Fox Toy Hauler,2005 Honda 500 Rubicon ATV w/rumble seat,1 Aussie waiting,watching and ridin shotgun on the whole outfit.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Go join the afmash forum and ask your questions. They are really knowledgable folks over there.

AF-DF-NASH forum

Decent forum, but there's a pretty low amount of posting there, and to get full reading abilities of the forum, they make you "pay a fee"

I've been camping with friends that own DFs and they are very well built from what I can tell, and like mentioned earlier, they are heavy.... which means they are built with a beefy frame. AF / DF builds all their frames in house, not outsourced to Lippert, or some other 3rd party manufacturer.
Bob

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
If they were sold here, good chance we would own one. Enjoy.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go join the afmash forum and ask your questions. They are really knowledgable folks over there.

Y-Guy
Generally speaking the DF line is a good solid 4 season Toy Hauler. They tend to run a bit heavy, but from all the one's I've been in and around they are a good solid product. They may not have the flash that some brands have, but when it comes to winter camping they rock.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon