cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DYI bedliner for ramp and interior floor

johnm1
Explorer
Explorer
I want to make my ramp more water resistant (water proof would be nice) and less slippery when wet. The current ramp has a sandpaper type surface but it's not "enough" and it's slippery when wet.

Has anyone done this? Any real world experience that you'd like to share?
johnm
'13 GMC Serria D/A, CC, 4x4
'16 Forest River Vengeance 25V
13 REPLIES 13

johnm1
Explorer
Explorer
I think we use our TH a little differently than most. Our toys are bicycles and kayaks and the boys sleep in the garage (which is part of the kitchen/living, etc space). I think the herculiner bedliner type product would be better for us. Since we walk on it daily while camping, it can't fell "sharp" to the bare foot!
johnm

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
RedRocket204 wrote:
Not exactly a toy hauler RV, but this guy went ahead and herculiner rolled the floor. - http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/trailers-toy-haulers/85889-picked-up-new-trailer-today.html#post...

Seeing it done is worse than I imagined. Good luck with that.
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T
2015 Ford F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
2010 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.4L

The_real_wild1
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
^^^^????

We use them on sled deck and trailers. They are plastic glides that are screwed down to the deck. Allow snowmobile skis to go up and on the deck easily but have peaks and valleys to allow traction for walking on and for all terrain machines to get traction. Work awesome.

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Not exactly a toy hauler RV, but this guy went ahead and herculiner rolled the floor. - http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/trailers-toy-haulers/85889-picked-up-new-trailer-today.html#post...
I love me some land yachting

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
^^^^????
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

The_real_wild1
Explorer
Explorer
I think I am going to use super glides on mine. They can't be beat for traction.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Just ordered the herculiner roll on kit from amazon - going to do my ramp and inside the trailer where the diamond plate flooring is. It's looking a lil old and dirty.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

azrving
Explorer
Explorer

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
How about Non skid like they use on boats....
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
What a wonderfully horrible idea.
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T
2015 Ford F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
2010 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.4L

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm also thinking about doing something like that for my ramp, as it is pretty slippery when wet, or even if just your shoes are damp from dew. I'm thinking of a bed liner type material and then sprinkling sand thickly over it. Then press down with a roller to embed it in the wet material.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

johnm1
Explorer
Explorer
Did it go down "easy"? Did you spray or roll?

thanks
johnm

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't use it on a toy hauler but I used Herculiner on my truck bed 3 years ago and it's holding up very well. It doesn't seem slippery when wet and has a grit type surface. Inexpensive and available at places like TSC, ACE etc