cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Elkhart Quadra Step

AZ_T_T
Explorer
Explorer
I am thinking about upgrading to the Elkhart Quadra Step and wanted to here from anyone who currently is using them. Are they stable, do you like them and would you recommend them?

Thanks!
AZ T&T
2012 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 29.5RKS
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch - Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
Honda EU2000i Generator
18 REPLIES 18

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
AZ T&T wrote:
Lantley wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Aw c'mon, they're steps for cryin' out loud. You walk up, you walk down. ๐Ÿ™‚

And not all good things cost more money, sometimes just the ones with a better marketing department. ๐Ÿ™‚

If you walk up and down a set of glow steps and compare them to non supported steps you will see there is a big difference. Sometimes someone figures out a way to build a better mouse trap.
They are not marketing the same old dangling steps. They have come out with a game changing idea/product.
Those who own GSR's understand those who don't can only imagine.

Since I only installed them yesterday I haven't had too much experience, but I will say my wife always complained the old steps made her knee hurt and after using the GSR yesterday she had no knee pain. That is huge for us. They are extremely stable.

Another vote for the GSR. They are better than the OEM steps on my 5er. Very stable and 1st step up is much easier to step up on.. I would highly recommend them.

Jim
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

Busdriver
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you looked at the mor/ride step above ?

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS

AZ_T_T
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:

And not all good things cost more money, sometimes just the ones with a better marketing department. ๐Ÿ™‚

If you walk up and down a set of glow steps and compare them to non supported steps you will see there is a big difference. Sometimes someone figures out a way to build a better mouse trap.
They are not marketing the same old dangling steps. They have come out with a game changing idea/product.

Since I only installed them yesterday I haven't had too much experience, but I will say my wife always complained the old steps made her knee hurt and after using the GSR yesterday she had no knee pain. That is huge for us. They are extremely stable.
AZ T&T
Honda EU2000i Generator

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
fj12ryder wrote:

19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just took a set of quad steps off of my new Cedar Creek and replaced them with a set of Glow Steps. Sure they cost more money, all good things do. Much more stable, lighter, easier to operate, adjustable and they don't feel like a springboard. Nobody ever said I wish I had bought the cheaper one...

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

AZ_T_T
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted to follow up. I ended up going with the Glow Step Revolution with four steps. The installation took about an hour and a half (that includes removing old steps) and was pretty straight forward.

All in all we couldn't be happier! Thanks to everyone who responded.
AZ T&T
Honda EU2000i Generator

Jetstreamer
Explorer
Explorer
I installed the quadra steps a long time ago after I got tired of the big step up to my old three stepper. Three steps are not enough on a fifth wheel. It's a very sturdy product I'm a big guy and I can walk up the steps with a big heavy cooler in my hands and the steps yield very little.
Now the installation wasn't that easy because on my rig (and maybe most rigs) not only do the new steps have to be attached to the frame by the sides, the quadra steps need also be supported in the back of the step frame, to the I-beam,due to the longer moment arm of extra step.
I also had to do a lot of modification to where it attaches to the sides (original setup) because the quadra step fits in a little different.
Before I installed it I called up the manufacturer just to ask a few installation questions. I ended up on the phone with the guy who designed it and he talked my arm off! It was a great conversation and he had an answer to every question I threw at him.
I might be wrong but I think that model also comes with a curved step tread which might look a little nicer.

AZ_T_T
Explorer
Explorer
WeBeFulltimers wrote:
AZ T&T wrote:
I am thinking about upgrading to the Elkhart Quadra Step and wanted to here from anyone who currently is using them. Are they stable, do you like them and would you recommend them?

Thanks!

OK, I give up. Link states in one place "perforated tread" and in another place "non-perforated tread". Which is it?! :E

You got me. The picture looks like they are perforated.
AZ T&T
Honda EU2000i Generator

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
The ones I have don't look like the photo in that link. They look just like standard steps, not all perforated like that.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ford_coupe
Explorer
Explorer
put on this step assembly 2 years ago-best thing we ever did.dw loves it,very comfortable with her arthur. took about hourto do, had neighbor help as they are heavy.

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
AZ T&T wrote:

Thanks!

OK, I give up. Link states in one place "perforated tread" and in another place "non-perforated tread". Which is it?! :E
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

Gsport
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Torklift Glowsteps...

Njmurvin
Explorer
Explorer
My AF has 4 steps. Not sure if it's this brand/model because the previous owner installed it. For my trailer, the bottom step is probably a bit too close to the ground. But that's much better than too high IMHO. You just have to be aware of that when coming down the steps with the last one being a bit shorter than the others.
2020 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax 4x4 Crew Cab Standard box

2011 Arctic Fox 27.5L