cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Exclusive: Utterly Unique Fifth Wheel

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Check out this novel Floor Plan. I have no affiliation. Just sharing a neat idea

Palomino River Ranch
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide
26 REPLIES 26

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
As one who has lost a 5er to a blow over I am very cautious of high straight roofed 5ers to begin with.

This goes to the extreme. It is extra high roofed, thinking trees in CGs, & the windage on the sides will be terrific.

All for what? More storage to fill up with junk & sitting on 2 axles? No thanks. How many will think it is just fine to tow one of these beasts with a SRW short box truck?
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Better spilt system ac units are long overdue. Spilt systems are more efficient. The roof is a terrible location for the fan coil and the heat generated sitting next to the compressor compounds the efficiency losses. Removing the ac from the roof would also make for much cleaner solar panel installs.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
schlep1967 wrote:
Interesting concept. With the high ceilings a ceiling fan would help circulate the air. .......

84" ceiling height is only 7'. Since many men, and some women, are taller than 6' a ceiling fan is not really an option.

ford truck guy wrote:
I am curious as to how well the AC system will work with the cold air being pumped UP instead of just falling down.??

Cold air blowing up would probably circulate the air more than blowing down. The cold air would go up toward the ceiling and move around the air there before falling back down to the floor returns.

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
Probably basement air units like Winnebago had for years. Expensive though.
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

JRscooby wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
I like the concept and idea....

Not so sure I'd want to see the folks who can now bring their kitchen sink because they now "have the room" .

I am curious as to how well the AC system will work with the cold air being pumped UP instead of just falling down.??

Where does the cool air come from in your house?

Completely DIFFERENT systems.... comparing apples and bananas .
HVAC systems in stick and Bricks are not anything like the AC's in RV's
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
With all that basement storage, they had better but some really heavy duty axles and tires on it.
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
Interesting concept. With the high ceilings a ceiling fan would help circulate the air. As for the more steps to get in, I'm thinking those that are unstable on steps would feel better if the top 2 or 3 are inside the "house".
When comparing the weight and center of gravity, comparing this to one of the raised back end units currently popular for extra storage, you are only raising the center section of flooring. When you account for the A/C units being moved below how much are you really raising the center of gravity? Add in a generator and you are basically back to the same point.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
The "Single level fifth wheel" - I think I will pass on climbing up 10 steps to get to the living room! I don't mind the 4 steps to get into my sister's toy hauler, and the interior 3 steps to get to the bathroom, and another step to the over the hitch area where her bedroom is located, but I don't know about this all one level floorplan that would place everything at the height of the fifth wheel! Most pickups today have bed rails that are almost 5 feet off the ground, that would make the living space about 6 feet off the ground. Fine if you like climbing into a two story house, but not me. . .. And having all that weight so high up in the air, no, I don't think I would want to tow it on a windy day. . .
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:

Not so sure I'd want to see the folks who can now bring their kitchen sink because they now "have the room" .

Where does the cool air come from in your house?

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
I like it. I can tell it's in the design stage as it does not show much detail. But the open floor plan is a plus for us. We've been caught more than once stuck inside for several days during rain, storms. Sure helps with cabin fever.

I liked the 2nd plan with the bigger bathroom. And with 2 dogs, again, the open plan is a big deal for us.

I'm not sure what stuff you'd fill it with, other than typical camp stuff (chairs, grill/griddle, bikes, clothes, etc etc). I would not add furniture if that's what you mean.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Unit has to be even more top heavy than normal, and it will be interesting to see how they hold up, I can see these being even more overloaded than most others. Too much empty space is a non starter for some, they will just have to find stuff to put in there.