cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

extending slides when the unit is not level front to rear

priestlake
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to remain hooked up while parking overnight. Have a 2010 big country 2950 rk. What are the issue with the slides when operating when the unit is not level front to rear? Thanks for your help
8 REPLIES 8

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
we use a couple legos as needed to level side to side and as far as front to back, we try to find a spot where the nose may be level or low, then use the landing gear to raise a bit. A small bit of un-level isn't a big issue with ours for operation of slide, we like to keep fridge as level as possible especially in the warmer climate. I think the worst thing on the slide operation is and twist if any you may have in the coach. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !

MC9
Explorer
Explorer
No problem with unlevel side to side. On front to back tho, the crunchy noise was the RR slide-out trim hitting the window valance. Rats... not much clearance there..

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
What are the issue with the slides when operating when the unit is not level front to rear? Thanks for your help

Our first trailer had a single 13' LR slide. Our current trailer has a 13' LR slide and bedroom slide.

No issues from using the slides while hooked to the trailer out of level in any direction.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
When you stay hooked up over night do you lower the landing gear to stabilize the trailer? If you do you are only about 30 seconds to 1 minute away from being unhooked and level. The reduce the risk of damaging something that may cost $1000+ to fix, would be more than worth the 30 seconds to 1 minute of my time.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
When overnight and level we stay hooked up and drop the front jacks.

If not level, and you should be able to tell, we unhook...doesn't take that long to unhook and hookup in the morning.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
priestlake wrote:
I would like to remain hooked up while parking overnight. Have a 2010 big country 2950 rk. What are the issue with the slides when operating when the unit is not level front to rear? Thanks for your help

If you're within 2-3" of level, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Remember, if you tow a hair out of level nose-high, you might find the crown in a parking lot and park with the nose on the downhill side. I'd be aware of parking t'other way, making you more nose-high.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
When ever overnighting we always stay hooked up and run all three slides

But 5vr is set up level for tow.

I would think off level front to rear would be OK. Off level side to side would be more of an issue.

But our fridge is always ON so to level and set up level due to operating fridge.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

CarlT100
Explorer
Explorer
My manual says the trailer should be level before the slides are extended or retracted. However, I make sure mine is reasonable level. I use the landing gear while I remain hooked up for overnight parking.
Carl S
US Army Retired

'11 F-450, 6.7, 4X4, crewcab; '14 Fuzion Impact toyhauler
'12 Triumph Tiger 800XC; '03 Triumph Bonneville T100, 1968 Triumph TR6 Trophy 650cc
SWMBO: '13 HD Sportster; '06 Honda Big Ruckus