cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

fifth-wheel toyhaulers

harley0316
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone out there tow a fifth wheel toyhauler with a short bed 3/4 ton pickup?. Such as a crew cab 6 1/2 foot f250 pickup. I was told by the local RV dealer that this would create a clearance problem with the truck cab and the front of the camper.
fifth wheel toyhaulers with Harley-Davidson motorcycles
7 REPLIES 7

AzRocket
Explorer
Explorer
My short bed 250 has the 5th wheel prep package & I went with the Demco Highjacker Autoslider. I have VERY little experience with it, but so far its been great. They are priced great, and the dealer installed it for me and they said they are going to get one for themselves because they liked it so much.
2011 Ford F-250 XLT
2014 Genesis Suprdme 32 CR
2013 Polaris RZR XP4 900 Walker Evans

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
See my sig
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

sin_cal_hd
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of the new 5th wheels have a radius front cap, that allows more of a clearance for tighter turns.
2015 2500 Ram Mega Cab 4x4
2017 Wolf pack 325
Wife and 2 little boys
2 golden retriever pups

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Ltrip wrote:
Yep, I have that setup. I have a Curt slider hitch. I have never needed the slider....yet! My fifth wheel has cutouts on the corners to avoid the cab of the truck.
Cheers,

Same here, used my slider a couple of times main thing is the pin box layout on the trailer, some of the older ones didn't have much sticking out with mine I can go almost 90 degrees before I touch the cab.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Ltrip
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, I have that setup. I have a Curt slider hitch. I have never needed the slider....yet! My fifth wheel has cutouts on the corners to avoid the cab of the truck.
Cheers,
Larie Trippet Reno/Tahoe region
2018 Ford F250 Lariat Ultimate CC SB 4X4 diesel
2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
2019 BMW R1250RT

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 5th wheel toyhauler and short bed 1 ton. I'm going to purchase the Pullrite Superglide. It's an automatic slider. I have a Reese manual slider and want an automatic one and need an 18k anyway. My Reese is a 16k.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS

bpadamson
Explorer
Explorer
I have just what you mentioned. 3/4 T 6.75 bed and a 32 foot 5th wheel. We use the B&W turnover system as we have a gooseneck ball in our pickup. We did get the slider as I figured the extra cost would be made up the first time I got us in a tight spot. We have absolutely no problems on the road, and have only need the slider 3 times this last summer. It is a manual set up and I have now issues with that as you are already out of your rig looking things over when you decide to slide it (at least I am). Easy to hook and unhook.
2013 Ford F250 4X4 6.2gasser--- 4.30 gears, SCT Flash chip, improved tires, airbags; intake and exhaust opened up a bit.
9.5-year-old Forest River 295 WP Toy Hauler
B&W slider hitch