cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flat screen TV odd problem..

WHThayer
Explorer
Explorer
2 year old Cougar's Sansui 32" tv is plugged into the campground cable. There are about 40 stations and about 15 of them look great but...no sound!! How is it possible to have good sound on the others and nothing with these? My ancient tv up in the bedroom gets all the stations with all the sound. I've tried taking the CG cable directly to the tv...same result. Anyone ever hear of this before??
Stockman
7 REPLIES 7

longrider1100
Explorer
Explorer
thomasmnile wrote:
Remember back in the day when all you had to do to watch TV was to plug in an electric cord, attach the CATV or antenna cable, and turn on the power switch? Now, you need just short of a Master's from MIT just to connect the damn thing up to watch TV...........:(

Yep, I'd be thrilled if we still had 8 tracks and VCRs.
Time to camp.

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Remember back in the day when all you had to do to watch TV was to plug in an electric cord, attach the CATV or antenna cable, and turn on the power switch? Now, you need just short of a Master's from MIT just to connect the damn thing up to watch TV...........:(

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
Would a sound board really just effect certain channels....I doubt it.

Glad to hear it was SAP.
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

WHThayer
Explorer
Explorer
SON OF A GUN!!!!! That "turn off the SAP worked!! Many Many thanks....
Stockman

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
WHThayer wrote:
2 year old Cougar's Sansui 32" tv is plugged into the campground cable. There are about 40 stations and about 15 of them look great but...no sound!! How is it possible to have good sound on the others and nothing with these? My ancient tv up in the bedroom gets all the stations with all the sound. I've tried taking the CG cable directly to the tv...same result. Anyone ever hear of this before??
check the SAP settings for the channels giving problem.

Go into the menu select Stereo, and turn off SAP
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
WHThayer wrote:

When you scanned for channels, did you have it set for cable verses over the air? Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I have had 2 flat screens that the sound went out. Threw them both into CG garbage cans. Figuring they are like computers no one fixes them because its cheaper to buy a new one.

3rd flat screen the antenna coupling came loose. THAT one I took to the repair shop and they replaced the board for that. They say they see that a lot.

I asked him about the ones I had that the sound went out. YUP there's a board for that also and right after cable connections loose, sound board comes in second...........on what this TV repair shop call's REALLY CHEAPLY made flat screens. And that his TV repair shop business is really booming once again for just that reason!:B

Soo it sounds like your sound board went out also. Take it in if you really like the TV. My repair costs were well worth it.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.