cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Front living rooms

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been looking at 5er's with front living room. Anyone out there have one or had one.
Would like to know what you like and or hate about it.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013
22 REPLIES 22

Jack_Spratt
Explorer
Explorer
We have a '17 Big Horn FL and after 5 months of snow birding enjoy it.
The living room is large, dining area is a bit smaller
Being elevated makes for a bit more privacy in LR
Plenty of storage. 2 more pass throughs under BR
Leprechaun 260 DSF
2017 Big Horn FL3750

'10 Yellow Lab to keep us on our toes.

southernsnow
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 Open Range 386flr. Loved it from the moment I saw it. You do have to go up into LR and also up into BR. But we are only in our 50's. Use it or lose it! Because both ends are elevated, we have lots of basement storage. I have 3 sons over 6' 2" so heAd room has never been an issue either.

You just have to look at the different models available and see if it fits YOU. There are always plenty of people that find reasons it's not right for them. That's why they make so many! I have always felt like mine was an apt. On wheels. Enjoy the hunt!

These are the things that turned US off the FL :
The outside awning area is much smaller because of the front slide
The kitchen table is usually crowded near the walkway back to the bedroom
Much smaller basement area ( usually )
Sometimes ( depending on the ft ) with the slides in, it may need a second door to access the bathroom while traveling. Some have it on the street side???
We love our RL
Joe
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Dave_and_Sue
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Chaparral 370FL. We both like it a lot.Every time I hear the it's too much up and down,I laugh.Not a 5er made you don't go up or down.Be it to the bathroom or the bed room.To each there own. We like the bedroom in the back.That way it's away from most of the noise.Love the king size bed and we have plenty of storage.
2011 Ram 3500 Dually Mega Cab
2016 Chaparral 370FL

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
We had a FR Sandpiper 366FL, wife loved it, I hated it. Very little basement storage and you sat 90ยฐ to the television. It did allow for a nice sleeping area for our kids at the time. We are now in a rear living room model which I like but we both miss the room of the FL.
We looked at the Cardinal FL and really liked it but could not make a deal on it. The Cardinal has 2 couches across from each other a love seat facing the TV, 8 people could actually sit in the living room. The wife also loves the kitchen. I'm sure our next unit will be a FL but hopefully that will be a coupe of years away.
One more thing, these units can be heavy with a low CCC so make sure you check this out. The Cardinal has 8000 lb axle options.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
We've been in many at rv shows. From the living room, the view down looks like you're in a tunnel. That said, the front living room seems very, well, roomy!
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
My buddy has one...
When entertaining somebody is always having to go up/down for drinks/snacks etc

Too much up/down for me
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
Was always impressed with the layouts. Concluded, my number one spots camping, always had the best views from the rear windows. Went with traditional rear living room. What ever floats your boat.
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)