cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

gas smell

cartrcan
Explorer
Explorer
87 royal coachman 454 classA occasional whiff of gas strong in coach in few minutes it disappears parked in driveway doing cleanup prep for a run
nothing turned on except shore power gas tank was filled last week propane generator no really used and propane off any thoughts
7 REPLIES 7

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
or punctuation(?)
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
What does this have to do with 5th wheels?

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, first is it gasoline small or propane smell ?

Next - You should probably have this moved this to the Class A forum.

rrupert
Explorer
Explorer
I think the OP was referring to LP gas smell.
Rich and Joyce
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB
2012 Ford F150 4X4 Supercrew EcoBoost
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

Amateur Radio K3EXU

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
When I had occasional fuel smell in my auto the mechanic plugged in a device which I assumed pumped smoke into the fuel system which helped him identify the problem -- wasn't very expensive. The device he used was mobile so it wouldn't even require a repair bay ... but make sure you tell the mechanic how big your rig is.
Kevin

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Given the age of the unit my guess would be one of the rubber fule lines is starting to fail because of the lousy ethanol gas we have to use these days.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Smell gas! Usually indicates one of a couple things. First thing that comes to mind is bad fuel pump. Second is fuel leak likely a bad fuel line or possibly,mif carbuetor equipped a stuck float. Either way, fix it before you get stranded along side the road.