cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generator not responding

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished packing for the trip south and decided to start the Onan 6500 as I do each month. Nothing at all?? checked the batteries and they are fine, just put the slides in. Not too sure about the little 7.5 amp fuse next to the prime and start buttons. I guess I will wait till I get to my winter site and have the local mobile RV guy check it out:( unless someone out there has had the same problem, can't imagine a loose wire, I haven't moved anything.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)
9 REPLIES 9

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
I sometimes forget to go to the off and hold it for a few seconds till it clicks to clear any prior faults. I had ran out of propane once and it faulted with some flashing lights. When I got back I forgot to clear those - hit start and absolutely nothing - not even a click.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

texasclarks
Explorer
Explorer
Glad it was something simple.
Posts are for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as endorsement or recommendations. YMMV!

Steven & Stacie, plus 2 ('02 & '07)
'04 Suburban 2500, Quad Seats, 8.1L, 3.73
'09 Rockwood 8313SS

Texas not just a State, but a State of mind!

greende
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you found it. Happy camping.
2011 Chevy 3500 HD LTZ Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Long Box DRW
B&W Turnover Ball with Companion

2012 Keystone Cougar 293 SAB 5er

USAF 1968 - 1972 Viet Nam '71 - '72

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
Update: I must have hit the Thermal circuit breaker button when I was putting some stuff in storage in the generator compartment:) Flipped it back on and it started right up. Amazing how we overlook some things when frustrated:)
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply's I get absolutely nothing so it is definitely electrical. I will put in a new fuse but will also have to check for circuit breakers under the front panel. Thanks again to all of you.

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
My Onan 5500 has two circuit breakers on the front of the generator under the front panel. I had one trip and it took a while before I realized they were even there.
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
How long has the Gas been in the Generator? It may have gone bad without Stibilizer.
God Bless!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have you checked that 7.5A fuse?

Simple things first.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

TT_Tim
Explorer
Explorer
When you said you checked the batteries, what voltage did you get? If you could check while attempting to crank also to see what you get.