cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my Sailuns installed (Great Price)

4x4FF
Explorer
Explorer
After reading all of the positive reviews I decided on getting the Sailun 637's for my 5er. When I bought it 2 years ago (used) it had a mish mash of tires notably Kenda's and I was SCARED to death everytime I pulled it anywhere. I would stop about every hour and check pressures and temperatures of them. Anyway......I was reading on here about people ordering tires from simpletire.com and having them shipped to an installer. In my area it was either the local Autotire or NTB. Simpletires prices weren't that bad so I called NTB to verify if they would install them if I had it shipped to them. The guy was very polite and said sure but if I told him what I was looking for he might be able to beat the price. I said sure, told him about the Sailuns. They were the CHEAPEST price of everywhere I checked. $638 for 4, Installed, taxes, fees...out the door. They were about $100 dollars cheaper than simpletire and I had one other tire dealer quote me $1,048 for the SAME TIRES.

Point is, make sure you check your prices and shop around. I always like to support the little guy but a $400 difference is way to much.

We are getting ready to leave in a couple of weeks so now that I have the new tires and just packed the wheel bearings and adjusted the brakes....I can relax a little.

Steve
'07 39' Pilgrim Open Road 5th Wheel
'18 F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke
17 REPLIES 17

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Trlrboy wrote:
After 5 1/2 years of good service from my G614s it was time for some new tires. Best price I could find for 4 tires installed was $1356 from Discount Tire which was about the same as I paid when I put them on my trailer way back when. I read a lot of reviews of the 614s vs the Sailun S637s and decided to price them out. $600.18 to have them installed and balanced with high pressure stems. This was from NTB locally. Since the reviews were so good for these tires it was a no brainer for me. Hopefully it was a good decision

I wish you the best of luck with your decision! That was a really good price for the GY's.

I have had such good luck with the 5 sets of GY's I have owned, not even a flat that I will stick with them.

It does sound like they have been a dependable tire so far.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
National Tire & Battery
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
What is "NTB"?
Thanks.

nremtp143
Explorer
Explorer
My partner at work had been looking for a set for her Montana and I recommended and found the Sailuns through NTB about 2 months ago. I have G14s on mine, but carry two Sailuns as spares. We just got back from an 850 mile round trip excursion to Myrtle Beach. She said she was very happy with the tires and how much difference the tires like that make on the interstates. When my date code is out on my 614s, Sailuns will take their place.
2016 Montana 3790RD, Legacy Edition, G614s, TST TPMS
2008 Thor Vortex 26FS
2013 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4, Edge CTS, B&W Companion, Viair 10007 Air System, Firestone Air Bags
2001 Excursion Limited 7.3L 4x4, V/B Springs
2001 Silverado 3500 DRW CCLB 8.1L/Allison 4x4

Trlrboy
Explorer
Explorer
After 5 1/2 years of good service from my G614s it was time for some new tires. Best price I could find for 4 tires installed was $1356 from Discount Tire which was about the same as I paid when I put them on my trailer way back when. I read a lot of reviews of the 614s vs the Sailun S637s and decided to price them out. $600.18 to have them installed and balanced with high pressure stems. This was from NTB locally. Since the reviews were so good for these tires it was a no brainer for me. Hopefully it was a good decision
2010 Montana 3400RL
Chevy 2500HD Duramax

PHOTOLINK

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Jerry B wrote:
I hate to see too many people discover tires best secret and drive up the price on the Sailuns. Absolutely the best tire for the least money..

I agree,better reviews then the Goodyear G614's have ever had. I have asked before, but to date have NEVER seen a bad review on Sailun . Goodyear are still getting some bad reviews. Granted not as bad as 7-10 years ago, but still some issues.

Hopefully it will be awhile before Sailun are as expensive as the outrageous price they are getting for G614's. Granted some people like paying for that insurance, I would just as soon have a tire that doesn't need that built in insurance policy. To each his own .

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
JIMNLIN wrote:
4x4FF wrote:
It should say on the wheels probably on the back side. My wheels have metal valve stems and are stamped 110psi on the inside.

Steve

You will gain more long run "benefits" from your new Sailuns S637 3750 lb capacity tires at those higher pressures.
If you use 110 psi and find they wear the centers or the trailer doesn't like the ride you can always use a lower pressure.
These folks have some good experienced input for trailer owners who have went up to a much higher capacity tire over actual axle loads;

rvsafety.com

Tire Load and Inflation Ratings

Note: Towable – Travel Trailer/ 5th Wheel owners Due to the severe use conditions experienced by tires when axles are very close together – tire industry experts recommend maximum (sidewall) inflation pressure for towable tires unless this causes a sever over-inflation situation (20psi+), often referred to as the ‘basketball effect’. If this is your situation allow a 10 – 15psi safety margin above the minimum required inflation pressure.

That makes a lot more sense then the inflation chart .I run my fifth wheel tires near max sidewall pressure ,and they are G rated . Have run them to near max inflation since new, and they are five years old, and they have no uneven wear, nor do I have any basketball effect.

Jerry_B
Explorer
Explorer
I hate to see too many people discover tires best secret and drive up the price on the Sailuns. Absolutely the best tire for the least money..
Jerry B
Mobile Suites 36TK3

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
4x4FF wrote:
It should say on the wheels probably on the back side. My wheels have metal valve stems and are stamped 110psi on the inside.

Steve

You will gain more long run "benefits" from your new Sailuns S637 3750 lb capacity tires at those higher pressures.
If you use 110 psi and find they wear the centers or the trailer doesn't like the ride you can always use a lower pressure.
These folks have some good experienced input for trailer owners who have went up to a much higher capacity tire over actual axle loads;

rvsafety.com

Tire Load and Inflation Ratings

Note: Towable – Travel Trailer/ 5th Wheel owners Due to the severe use conditions experienced by tires when axles are very close together – tire industry experts recommend maximum (sidewall) inflation pressure for towable tires unless this causes a sever over-inflation situation (20psi+), often referred to as the ‘basketball effect’. If this is your situation allow a 10 – 15psi safety margin above the minimum required inflation pressure.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Dugswife, tires dont need to cover your 5ers GVW. Your truck carries some of your 5TH. Wheels weight, ie, pin weight, which could be 20% of your units loaded weight. My 5er has a GVW of 16,950#, loaded to 16,300# with 3460 pin weight, so tires on my 5er are only supporting 12,840#. I too have axles rated at 7,000#, tires are G rated tires, rated to 3750# each aired to 110 psi. You could go with Goodyear G614s or Sailun G rated tires at a much cheaper cost...I think its the S637 tire.
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

dugswife
Explorer
Explorer
It is a 2008 KZ Montego Bay 34KLB3 - 37'. GVW is 16,000. UVW is 12,435. Axel rating (2) 7,000.

The tires on it do not all match in brand. They are all 235 r80 16.

1. Carlisle Radial Trail RH - Max load 3528 (E) PSI 85;
(Spare we just put on from blow out) NO DOT

2. Powering Towing Master Track - Max Load 3080 dual PSI 80; (DOT: 83B5 Manufactured 05/15)

3. Powering Towing Master Track - Max Load 3085 dual PSI 80;

4. Power King Tow Max STR Max Load 3085 3080 dual (E) PSI 80 DOT ADB5

The tire that blew was a Mile Star M-108 Max Load 3520 DOT:4YB3 CQ1C

As you can see - the tires they had in place on this camper do not cover the GVW.

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
dugswife wrote:
We brought our first RV home yesterday. Blow out on the way home on what looked like new tires. 😞

We will be replacing all with the Sailuns. Question though... they say on Trailer Tires & Wheels that "This tire requires a special high load capacity wheel and high pressure valve stem."

How do I know what load capacity my wheel is and what defines "high Load"?

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!
Erin

What is GVW of your 5er? What weight range tires do you have on it? G? E?.....replace with same load range......If E, I would go with Duravis 250's or Michelin Ribs, if a G rated tire, I'd go with the Sailun S637's or Goodyear G614's (more expensive than the Sailun's).

Would need to know specs on your 5er, again, GVW....axle weight rating and tire on the 5er.
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
On a RV that is within the ratings of a E tire then up sizing to a G don't blindly run 110psi just because the tire says "MAX PRESSURE 110".

Weigh your RV fully loaded each tire if possible. Use weight/inflation chart for your tire and add 5psi. All per GY Tech Support.

I swapped from E to G tired and ran 85 for thousands of miles with even tread wear nice ride and cool tires with good stopping traction.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

4x4FF
Explorer
Explorer

Steve
'07 39' Pilgrim Open Road 5th Wheel
'18 F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke