Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grand Design Reflection

L3
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Again All,

I posted a few months ago about a possible new Montana and many thanks to all the replies. We are still researching possibilities and found a Grand Design Reflection we like. Any thoughts on these units - build quality, customer service , etc. - is greatly appreciated!
23 REPLIES 23

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Grand Design was in the top three we were looking at when deciding on our Arctic Fox. Really liked the GD floor plan and a few features, but felt it was lacking in the quality of some of it's componants so kept looking. It seemed to us that they put more emphasis in glitz and less on things that made a difference with the quality. As we kept looking we landed on Arctic Fox as the top of the heap which now follows the truck when we go play.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
ChuckV1 wrote:
Thor has bought out Grand Design, Air Stream, jayco, Kz in the last few years, so looking at our Kz Durango Gold and the Grand Design they look allot like each other with switches placed in different places. So it makes you wonder if the different brands are doing the design or Thor Hummmmm

"Form follows function", IMO. There's only so much you can do with a given platform. You see very similar designs across all mfrs, no matter who the parent companies are. I'd say that each basic design is about 80-85% similar, whether it's a Thor, Forest River, Keystone, Northwoods, etc. Yes, there are a few unique designs, but they are relatively rare.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
We were looking at same model till we read a search of all the complaints about workmanship quality when putting in grand design

BobKrogstie
Explorer
Explorer
Factoid: Thor bought out Jayco around Jul 2016 and Winnebago bought out Grand Design around Oct 2016.
Bob and Natalie
2008 Grand Junction 37QSB
2009 Dodge 3500DRW Big Horn 4X2/CC/LB/CTD/4:10/Auto

Pop-Pop_C
Explorer
Explorer
I believe Winnebago has bought a interest in Grand Design!

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
Thor has bought out Grand Design, Air Stream, jayco, Kz in the last few years, so looking at our Kz Durango Gold and the Grand Design they look allot like each other with switches placed in different places. So it makes you wonder if the different brands are doing the design or Thor Hummmmm

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hammerboy wrote:
...The only thing that has me a little nervous about them now is they were bought out recently by Thor I think. Hopefully their customer service remains intact.

Dan

Winnebago, actually. So far, they are letting Grand Design do customer service the GD way and we've not seen any changes.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have been very happy with our Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (does not have two doors into the bathroom, by the way). You will find other brands in the same price range that are built about the same but, as Dan said, Grand Design's customer service is head-and-shoulders above the rest. It's especially important for us, as full-timers, that we don't have to go back to our selling dealer for everything. Grand Design will work directly with us.

If you have the truck to pull them (at least a 1-ton dual rear wheel), the Solitude line from Grand Design is very nice, too. In fact, I would recommend at least a 1-ton single rear wheel for the Reflection 337RLS as the loaded pin weight is around 3,000 lbs.

Anyway, at 36' the 337 has been the perfect floor plan for us in our mobile lifestyle.

Feel free to PM me or ask specific questions if you like.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at Grand Design before we purchased our current unit. The word is customer service is excellent which is a good thing, The couple things that kept us away from them was we did not care for the bathroom design that is so popular nowadays with the two doors into the bathroom, a waste of valuable space in our opinion. And if memory serves me correctly, the weight rating on the unit we were interested in wasn't very high therefore not leaving us much of a carrying capacity.

The only thing that has me a little nervous about them now is they were bought out recently by Thor I think. Hopefully their customer service remains intact.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel