cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

hitch for 2015 duramax

Wood_chip
Explorer
Explorer
I will be new to the 5th wheel world soon so I am asking what is the popular choice for hitches for 2015 2500 Duramax? Is the hitch that GM provides if ordered any good at all? This would be for 2015 Glacier Peek 28rks. Dry hitch weight is 1770

thank you
2017 Chevy HD 3500 Dually LTZ D/A combo crew cab / Bilstein 4600's / Ride Rite air bags w remote / 50 gal transfer flow Aux tank / Trailersaver BD5
2020 Arctic Fox 32-5m with most options + 17.5 wheel & tire combo
33 REPLIES 33

dpam
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2011 GMC crew cab with a standard box with a Reese 16K slider hitch. In three yrs I never had a need to use the slider. Also, we have Montana with a Mor-Ryde
King pin. I found that if I moved the slider back with the tailgate up the back of the kingpin will hit the top of the tailgate.
We had a 2008 GMC with the same Reese slider. We just bought the Montana and when backing the Montana into its new home I slid the slider back and it hit the top of the tailgate, so i haven't used the slider since; nor did I need it. I plan on buying a B&W Patriot because the Reese hitch has a lot of chucking. I believe I read somewhere that
Reese stated their slider will not work with GM trucks.

jimandlaurie
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Pull -Rite in our 2013 Duramax. So far we are very happy with thd performance.
2013 Chevy 3500HD Duramax
Nomad 25 Lite
25 C-Dory Cruiser
2 Shiba Inu travel dogs

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
B & W Patriot is all you need...$400.
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

jevanb
Explorer
Explorer
this thread is sounding like a advertisement for the superglide, but it is not just any slider will do if you want piece of mind and a no work (pulling handle, pull fwd). We just stop, assess the camping site then back into, easy peasy...
2006 CC 4x Lbz,

2012 Wildcat 344QB
Pullrite Superglide

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure you think about what jevanb said. Our second site with the new 5er was a sharp turn backing in uphill. Tires slipped, put it in 4wd and it lurched. Hit brakes quickly and looked back at corner of 5er, which had NOT punched out the rear window because of the superglide. Cue in smile on my worried face because I had the superglide...money well spent.
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

jevanb
Explorer
Explorer
Wood chip wrote:
I would not be thrilled spending 2400 bucks if a BW, Reese or Curt would work. The Glacier Peak I'm buying does have a rounded nose and the pin does protrude beyond the face quite a bit if that the difference of needing a slider or not.
I bought my superglide off craigslist for 500 bucks and it looks new and included everything but the bolts. I installed it myself, took 3 hrs tops. this is what you can do with a superglide. I just went to our local craiglist and looked it up 6 units available for sale withing 50 miles
average price 600 dollars

2006 CC 4x Lbz,

2012 Wildcat 344QB
Pullrite Superglide

Wood_chip
Explorer
Explorer
I would not be thrilled spending 2400 bucks if a BW, Reese or Curt would work. The Glacier Peak I'm buying does have a rounded nose and the pin does protrude beyond the face quite a bit if that the difference of needing a slider or not.
2017 Chevy HD 3500 Dually LTZ D/A combo crew cab / Bilstein 4600's / Ride Rite air bags w remote / 50 gal transfer flow Aux tank / Trailersaver BD5

jevanb
Explorer
Explorer
frankwp wrote:
I have the standard bed with a Reese 16K slider, but have never used the slid function with my current 5th wheel. I can do a full lock turn & still have several inches between the corner of the cap & the back of the cab. My last one had a more squared off cap & I used the slide several times. It really depends on the trailer.
but.. try to back her up a hill and turn and get the truck at a different attitude then the trailer and that clearance will disappear real fast. I know that first hand as the camper next to me this summer decided not to slide it back (he never does) and his window went bye bye. ok on a nice flat parking spot but add a 3-4 ft rise and it goes away
2006 CC 4x Lbz,

2012 Wildcat 344QB
Pullrite Superglide

frankwp
Explorer
Explorer
I have the standard bed with a Reese 16K slider, but have never used the slid function with my current 5th wheel. I can do a full lock turn & still have several inches between the corner of the cap & the back of the cab. My last one had a more squared off cap & I used the slide several times. It really depends on the trailer.
2010 Cruiser CF30QB
2003 GM 2500HD, crew cab, SB, 8.1, Allison

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
I went with the BW on my Duramax standard bed. Didn't need a slider with my trailer's front cap. I'm very happy with the BW!

Racine96
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 SIlverado 2500 with a 16K Curt. Love it and did not cost as much. Hitches comes in different ways, including some with built in air bags, but for $2,400. It all depends how much you want to spend. Not for me.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
I would get a b&w patriot

Wood_chip
Explorer
Explorer
ok. I guess then I would get the superglide part # 4100 as suggested above

Wood_chip
Explorer
Explorer
I am not new to RV'ing but for sure new to 5th wheel so thanks for the patience. Does the 6.5' bed require a slider? I want a good product but not neccessarly the best money can buy? is the Pullrite in that category?

jevanb
Explorer
Explorer
MNRon wrote:
A superglide costs more, but you'll love it and won't have to worry about punching out your rear window. I'm very happy we went that route.
x2, but you might not need a slider. I did not want to take the chance and went ahead and bought the superglide
2006 CC 4x Lbz,

2012 Wildcat 344QB
Pullrite Superglide