cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I am now a happy camper again !!!!

Explorer
Explorer
There is a replaceable auto fuse in the circuit board on the outside access of my refrigerator. Really started sweating $$$$, no panel lights and no nothing. A 5amp fuse gotrdone.
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.
3 REPLIES 3

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Yes there is that fuse..depending on fridge make/model it is either a 3A or 5A Auto Blade fuse to protect the DC circuit for fridge.

Also a 5A glass slow blo fuse for the electric heater element.

As posted.......WHY did fuse blow?
They rarely just go bad.

Well my experience is yes they can. I have seen a simple replace and never fails again.
Had a unit the was a serious blow, looked the system over real well and didn't see any issue. Replaced the fuse, and it worked fine.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes there is that fuse..depending on fridge make/model it is either a 3A or 5A Auto Blade fuse to protect the DC circuit for fridge.

Also a 5A glass slow blo fuse for the electric heater element.

As posted.......WHY did fuse blow?
They rarely just go bad.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Well done.

Now, why did the fuse pop? Old age?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.