cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify Vent Lid (Resolved for now)

agia
Explorer
Explorer
Need help identifying this vent lid. All three lids on my 2010 Stealth SS1812 TH are brittle and starting to disintegrate. The plastic lid is pop-riveted to a metal bracket. I assume a replacement lid is available with the bracket integrated into it...?

Poster's Edit: Image removed from my web server. Issue Resolved!
-- Tony G.
'18 FR Sunseeker 2500TS
7 REPLIES 7

lumpy790
Explorer
Explorer
my Box Van has a 24x24 escape hatch ...... never did find just the lid and had to buy the whole thing.
Tow vehicle E450 Moto Hose Box Van
06 Victory Lane TH
YZ250 Smoker Supermoto
YZ450F
86 TY250 trials bike

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like standard size, buy a Lexan replacement, you wont be sorry. They are thicker and alot stronger. We have them on our hauler, cept the rear one its metal to keep out light......
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
New vents are cheap and fairly easy to replace. Might be easier to just go buy three new vents, a couple tubes of Dicor and strip them off and install new ones.

agia
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all... appears I'll have to pull one off the roof to distinguish between the "Ventline/New Elixir" vs. "Old Elixir". Looks like the Ventline/New Elixir has a vertical slot near each end of the hinge -- not something I see in my photo. Seems odd a 3-year old trailer already has old style vent lids?!
-- Tony G.
'18 FR Sunseeker 2500TS

othertonka
Explorer
Explorer
You can tell the brand names of the vent lids by looking at the hinge style, It will be ventline, Elixer or Jensen. Here is a link to what the hinge look like, match up you old lid hinge with the drawing and then you have it.
Vent lids
Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
It could be a Ventline. Look at the end of the hinge. If it has some sheet metal bent to lock in place it is Ventline.
I would suggest getting vent hoods. They prevent sun damage and allow the vents to be used in any weather and when motivating down road without damage.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

high_desert
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like an elixer lid. Check out this page to help you determine the correct replacement.

06 Silverado 3500 CC DRW 4x4 LT3 D/A
09 Fuzion 393 Touring Edition
Banks SpeedBrake & Economind Power Pack tuner
TrailerSaver Air Ride hitch (TS3)
BrakeSmart
08 Polaris Outlaw 525 KTM IRS
08 Honda TRX 400 EX
08 Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4
Honda TRX 250 EX