cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keystone Carbon / Impact Questions

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone buy a Carbon or Impact TH? Any thoughts? I am curious if they offer 6 point level and the rear ramp deck option on these? I am struggling to fine "In the middle" toy haulers. I want something like the Carbon or the Impact or something in that range but with just a few more features. I don't care about high ehnd counters, sinks, etc but it seems like in order to get 6 point level up for example you have to go to a TH with a "higher end" interior. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

sptddog
Explorer
Explorer
Went through them same thing, ended up making a 7 hour drive for a barely a year old Fuzion, which had all the extra options and was priced about what we'd pay for a brand new carbon with no options. Didn't make sense to not buy the Fuzion.
Me, DH, 2 rugrats
2016 GMS 3500 DRW (aka Benny) (sadly gone)
2012 GMC 3500 DRW (aka Bernie) (sadly gone...)
2013 Keystone Fuzion 342 (aka Bertha)(also sadly gone...)
2019 KZ Venom 4012TK (Large Marge the Buttercup Barge)
2020 GMC 3500 DRW (Homer)

720Deere
Explorer
Explorer
From what I am seeing, the Carbon is extremely stripped down and I can't find a similar model priced any less than $10k below what I paid for my Fuzion with all the bells and whistles. Considering that I have about $9k in options that the Carbon doesn't, I don't consider it a huge value.

I guess everybody has a different agenda, but I'm willing to pay another $60-$70 per month to have everything that I want. 6-point Level-Up is a $2500 option and the generator is about a $4,000 option. The Carbon I used for my price comparison did not have the bunks in the garage either.....add another $2,000. It all adds up pretty quickly.
2011 Ford F-350 4X4 CC LB SRW 6.7
2013 Keystone Fuzion 315
B&W Companion Hitch
1 wife 2 kids and 1 dog

madbare
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, no 6-point leveling on these. You can get the rear ramp patio but no awning. You can get the genset in them. I looked at both of these model lines and there are just too many little things missing like no heat duct in the garage and no washer/dryer prep. If you are good with a more basic stripped down rig, then these are no doubt a decent buy.

bighog01
Explorer
Explorer
I saw a Carbon here in Florida that had the rear patio option minus the awning. I was in the same boat that you are regarding pricing. I ended up with a nice slightly used unit. Shop around. The one you want might not be local.

05hd350
Explorer
Explorer
I know the auto leveling system is not an option on those, and some only come prepped for the generator. So those two alone are a big price difference. A buddy of mine looked at an impact last week and thought it was cheap all the way around compared to the raptors arms fuzions. But yes I understand they are about $20k less also.