cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KZ Inferno

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
So we came across a 2008 KZ Inferno,we like the floor plan the stairs going to the loft is different. I tried to do some research but couldn't find much bad or good, I think the was more good than bad that I could find. So I would appreciate any comments good or bad. They are asking 26,999.00 on a scale from one to ten I would put it at a 8, ten being the best. Thanks Micheal
10 REPLIES 10

Y-Guy
Congrats!

You might post a new thread about the rollers, some might miss it in this thread.

Warranties are a mixed bag, often if you put the money aside that you would spend on the warranty you'll come out ahead. It's like going to Vegas. How much is the warranty? Have you read all the fine print (that's where they get you)? and finally have you talked to dealers about it?

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Ok so we brought the 2007 Rage'n Stryker M4005 and got it home yesterday. We are really happy all the round, put all four dogs in it and had plenty of room. The grandkids come over today to take a look or get their approval (lol). So I will try to get pics up soon, I do have two questions, the bedroom slide the rollers roll about half turn to three quarter of turn then stops rolling as the bottom of the slide drags over making noise. The rollers are plastic and about 3 inches long, the mechanic part works fine. Has anyone had problems like this and fix? With that being said I am looking at buying an extended warranty so far Wholesale Warranty had the best plan at a reasonable price, any suggestions or comments on extended warranties, just want one for a couple years. Thanks again for all the input!!! One happy camper!

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Ok so the deal on the KZ fell thru,very disappointing,but the wife and I are the kind if it was meant to be it would have happened. I know it seems that we might be all over the place but we have decided to buy used for now and try to have no payments. Our dream toy hauler is the Road Warrior RW 427 but financially it doesn't work. So we will wait a few years. So that being said we came across a 2008 Rage'n Stryker 4005, it too is in good ship and seams built well. Not to excited about shower in master bedroom but it's pretty big, other than that the floor plan works for us and the wife is happy with it. So any input on this?? Good or bad Should know Monday if they accept our offer, once again I want to thank everyone that has given their input for us!! Will let you know how things progress!

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
mpoulsen wrote:
So pretty close to pulling the trigger on this unit, I notice that I forgot to mention the model number 4012 SL. PLL motors in Houston,Texas has the trailer so it would be a drive to get it,we will make the decision within next day and then put a deposit on it. We were looking at some of New models (Forest River,Crossroad and Heartland)but we decided if we could pick up a used one that fit us and our needs and not be so far in debt, that would be a lot more camping trips. If anyone has dealt with PPL please let me know good or bad of them. I will keep u up dated as things progress, thanks for all the input so far!

Look closely at the hitch and make sure it hasn't had a gooseneck attached...I see a lot of 5vers listed for sale in Texas that have been converted to a gooseneck hitch. Most supposedly aren't good on the frame. Seems like some of the boys in Texas don't know what a 5th wheel hitch is.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

riwolfman
Explorer
Explorer
we have 4012 KZ for 3 years and we love it. Build quality is great and customer assistance is 1st class. I dont think youll go wrong at that price.

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
We like our KZ and we got it at a great price which helped seal the deal.
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T
2015 Ford F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
2010 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.4L

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
So pretty close to pulling the trigger on this unit, I notice that I forgot to mention the model number 4012 SL. PLL motors in Houston,Texas has the trailer so it would be a drive to get it,we will make the decision within next day and then put a deposit on it. We were looking at some of New models (Forest River,Crossroad and Heartland)but we decided if we could pick up a used one that fit us and our needs and not be so far in debt, that would be a lot more camping trips. If anyone has dealt with PPL please let me know good or bad of them. I will keep u up dated as things progress, thanks for all the input so far!

gmc6000
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased my Inferno 3710T new in 2012. I really like it. To date the only issue I had was the holding tanks were not secured properly and when I had to make a hard braking stop, the gray tank slide forward and busted the vent pipe off. Dealer repaired the tank under warranty, but I reassembled it to make sure this would not happen again.

Other than that, it has been problem free.
2017 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie MegaCab 6.7 Aisin 4:10
2013 KZ Inferno 3710T

Y-Guy
I pulled this list from the Archives, some 497 matches. Just some light reading 😉

click here

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Although never owned one, I have always liked the Infernos. I think KZ makes a nice RV from what I've heard and like you, I've heard more good than bad.

If it checks out OK and you really like it, I wouldn't hesitate buying.