cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lifestyle 5th wheel

b_pilot
Explorer
Explorer
We are considering trading in our Bighorn 5th wheel for a Lifestyle 5th wheel. Does anyone have any experience with the Lifestyle product or any opinions?
15 REPLIES 15

gitane59
Explorer III
Explorer III
I seriously considered both the Lifestyle product and the Heartland Landmark before settling on the Landmark product.
The biggest issue that I saw with the Lifestyle was very messy, inconsistent poor quality exterior caulking all over the exterior.
We looked at several different brand new Lifestyle at different dealership and they all had the same very poorly done exterior seam caulking.
It looked like a child had done it and I simply could not get past that issue as my eye was drawn to it every time I would walk up to one.
I'm sure they make good units but I simply could not get past the shoddy caulking jobs.
2014 Landmark Savannah, Mor-Ryde IS with Dexter disc brakes, 17.5 wheels with Sumitomo skins,
2010 Ford F350 Lariat CC LB DRW 6.4L Diesel, Firestone Ride Rite Airbags

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 31' Cameo that is built like a rock. Want to buy bigger, so been looking at the Lifestyle. I do not want a trailer built on Lippert. I have had problems with that. You will like the Lifestyle quality, leveling, and luxury.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

vairman
Explorer
Explorer
We have had our Lifestyle for just over 2 years. As others have said, the 2015s are all widebodies. We have really enjoyed our LS. It had some initial slide adjustment problems but they all seem to be behind us now. From a fit and finish perspective, I think that Lifestyle is top notch. We have had very good warranty support as have others although there are a few cases (liliputz) where they appear to have been treated shabbily). Good luck in your decision and as Dutch and Di stated you will get more info and opinions than you ever wanted at the Carriage-Lifestyle Forum.

Mark
2011 F450 6.7L PSD Lariat
2013 Lifestyle 36FW
25K Airsafe Hitch

momanor
Explorer
Explorer
The new Lifestyle rv is an Evergreen product...
2005 Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4 S/B QC SLT 48re 3:73 Pullrite 16k Superglide
2003 HR Alumascape 26RK

The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd take the Lifestyle over the Heartland product any day of the week. From the ones we have seem, the LS is a better built and finished unit.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

lillyputz
Explorer
Explorer
b_pilot wrote:
We are considering trading in our Bighorn 5th wheel for a Lifestyle 5th wheel. Does anyone have any experience with the Lifestyle product or any opinions?

PM me. More than happy to talk with you.

Lillyputz
Lillyputz

Two beagles. Lilly & Zuri

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
I think the widebody is just getting started in 2013 they did not have a wide body when we looked at them before buying the Mobile Suites.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
goducks10 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I have a question does the Lifestyle come in a wide body? All I have seen look narrow.

101" according to the Lifestyle site.

Thanks, would have never guessed!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I have a question does the Lifestyle come in a wide body? All I have seen look narrow.

101" according to the Lifestyle site.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 2011 Carriage Cameo shorty (31KSLS) and loved the build quality of that rig. We traded it in for a special order 2014 Lifestyle (Carriage build style) LS36fw. Our issues have been minimal and are not a result of poor build quality. Its a solid rig and we are happy with it. We did order the 17.5 wheels/tires and disc brakes. Stops great! Like Dutch & Di said above, look to the Carriage/Lifestyle owners forum. It offers a wealth of info from an incredible bunch of Carriage and Lifestyle fifth wheel owners. Happy shopping in the New Year, Phillip
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

Wingnusa
Explorer
Explorer
We're going on about 1 1/2 years with our Lifestyle and we sure like it. The weight and balance is really nice like the Carriages were. Has it had issues? Oh yeah. Haven't seen an RV yet that hasn't. The fact that the frame is made in house was a huge selling point for us. A visit to the factory reinforced our opinion that we made a good decision on our purchase. We've been RV'ing for 30 years and this is our 3rd 5er.
Make sure you get the 17.5 wheels... PM us if you have any questions...
Scott and Brenda Schnelle
Sierra, Twila and Keira Cavalier King Charles Spaniels

FT Class of '06
Lifetime Good Sams
Lifetime NRA
Firearms Instructor
Photographer, Shootin' Scotty Photography

b_pilot
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch & Di,

Thanks for the info.

Brad

Dutch___Di
Explorer
Explorer
We have owned and lived fulltime in our Carriage for 19 years. We have met people who have the Lifestyles and they seem to like them.
A good place to get answers would be this http://carriage-lifestyle-owners.lifestyle-owners.com
As they have owners of both RV brands.
If you decide on a Lifestyle and want to meet other owners at rallies, you can also check out this forum. The Carriage Travel Club.http://ctci.clubexpress.com/
There is also the original Carriage forum: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Carriage_RV/infowhere you could post your questions.
Hope this helps. Hugs, Di
2015 Western Brown Pearl single cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisin Transmission, Pace Edwards auto rolltop cover, DeBoe Slide Step, AMP Side Steps.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Susp, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Auto Leveling System, TST TPMS