cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lippert hydraulic landing gear

Brockinfla
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Silverback 29ik. We have the lippert hydraulic landing gear /jacks. They both seem to work fine operate in both directions ok. No fluid leaks. Simple retract and extend switch, no blown fuses.

My issue is as follows:

Park 5er on relatively flat brick paver or concrete pad. Extend landing gear, unhitch tow vehicle. The passenger side hydraulic jack seems to extend slightly more then the drivers side hydraulic jack. Causing a slight left to right leveling issue. I can't for life of me get trailer level side to side.

Both jacks run off same hydraulic pump/fluid system as do the three slides. By visual inspection I'm not leaking fluids, fluid levels seem ok in reservoir which tells me seals in jacks/Rams ok.

By visual inspection frame is straight and true all welds in tact. Haven't even bumbled a curb in this trailer.

My question is there a way or procedure to adjust the two hydraulic landing gear jacks? I see nothing in the trailers documentation from forest river or lippert.

I'm relatively certain it's a hydraulic jack pressure issue between the two landing gear but strangely I'm just not seeing the obvious symptoms of why its occurring.

I'd prefer not to haul a bunch of wood blocks to drive the trailers low side wheels up on to in order to correct this if in fact there is something I can do to address this at the landing gear.

Thanks in advance for help or ideas.

Brock
7 REPLIES 7

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
eHoefler wrote:
They have an equalizing valve once both legs meet the same resistance and raise the coach.

This little tidbit might actually be relevant to the OP's question: "Why are my hydraulic legs lifting more on one side than the other?"

Mine usually go down, one first then the other, then when both getting resistance, they both rise together. If the OP's are not doing this...

Maybe a bad valve?
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

riggsp
Explorer
Explorer
As eHoefler said...you have to level the rig side to side by blocking the wheels with blocks or boards...the front jacks are not levelers except fron to rear. When you lower the jacks, the hydraulic pressure equalizes then raises side to side equally.

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
The only thing I can think of is if one side of the front of the trailer is loaded a lot heavier than the other. This might cause this.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
The jacks don't level the coach side to side, they work in tandem. They only will level front to rear. They have an equalizing valve once both legs meet the same resistance and raise the coach. You must level the coach side to side by using blocks under the tires. The front jacks/landing gear will not operate independently.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you called Lippert CS? Haven't heard of this before.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

Brockinfla
Explorer
Explorer
There is no auto. This is simply two hydraulic landing gear jacks operated via a simple "Retract/Extend" toggle switch.

drfife
Explorer
Explorer
Are you Auto leveling or leveling in manual mode?
Russell
'12 GMC Sierra 3500HD SRW
'13 Excel Winslow 34IKE