cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to site, new rig. have a few questions.

boondoggle55
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all, You look like a good bunch of folks! I have owned a toy hauler in the past, 21' baja, and have some experience. I just purchased a fleetwood redline 260f. It has a generator along with some features my old one didn't, any advice is very welcome!

question
1: My old rig had power at a few of the outlets when on batt only, my Redline doesn't? am i missing something? shouldn't it have an inverter and if so, where is it?

2: The onan is throwing a 36 code, and also my fuel station dosen't work, could these be tied together or two separate problems?

3: I have all the paperwork and manuals for everything in the rig but not for the rig itself. Did they make a manual and how could i get one, i know fleetwood abandoned the trailer lineup.

Thanx for any input, hope to chat it up with you guys in the future and maybe see you on the road.
7 REPLIES 7

boondoggle55
Explorer
Explorer
ok cool, thanx guys.. The owner ended up finding the manual!! pretty awesome! As confirmed it only has a converter, not an inverter. I think i'm just going to add one and dedicate an outlet to it so i can brew a cup of joe and charge a cellphone on it without running the genny. The factory was kind enough to stick a sufficient cable from the battery junction box to right behind the 12v cutoff switch and cap it! that should make a good power take off point.

as for the onan, i suspect a dirty or stuck needle and seat, the oil level is growing and growing.. I tossed some carb cleaner in the tank just for luck..its too close to my wall to work on it at the house so ill have to allocate some time to it next week in the desert 😞 cuts into some riding time but oh well.

Does anyone know how the outlets are wired? do they have a junction box in the wall like a house or do they all just come back to the panel and tie in together?

64thunderbolt
Explorer II
Explorer II
ALWAYS use stabil & seafoam in the fuel and run the pump into the fill , pump a few gal every month to keep the gears lubed and you'll be fine. But seafoam in the best cleaner there is.
Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
200w solar 2 GC2's 800w inv
Truma tankless WH
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
2011 RZR 900xp

big_buford
Explorer
Explorer
Not aware of to many toyhaulers that came from factory with inverter? If your previous rig had one it was added at dealer or prior owner. Dont think even the newer rigs have them stock?
04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
Chenowth 4-seat 3.5 honda
15 maverick xds
Beautiful wife that's much nicer than me:B

NeverHome2
Explorer
Explorer
I had a terrible time with the genny in my TH. Never treated the fuel in the tank and the genny would not run. Had to take the carburetor off and clean it all out to get the thing running. added conditioner to fuel and ran the set for 1/2 hour now it works OK.
Lovin' Life!!!!

2005 HR Endeavor

SooperDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
A 2 minute search on the internet pulled this up...try it with your make and model.
HERE
My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen. :W

boondoggle55
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
Welcome to RV.net
1. Inverters are not standard on all rigs, you'll need to add one on yours if you want one it sounds like.

2. How much fuel is in the tank? Code 36 is the low fuel, chances are it's below the fuel line, see below.

3. There isn't a RV manual, most just tossed in all the parts manuals. You're not missing anything.

Onan Code: ENGINE STOPPED FAULT—CODE NO. 36 (Engine stopped without command by controller) Corrective Action:

1. Check fuel level. (Note: The genset fuel pickup is probably higher than the vehicle engine pickup.)

2. Prime the engine fuel system by holding the control switch down in its Stop position for at least 1 minute.

3. Check the engine air filter and remove any blockage.

4. Check for mechanical damage.

Thanx for the quick reply. I have to do some more digging to see if it has an inverter or not. As for the fuel, i have it reading half tank on the gauge. It runs for 10-15min then surges and shuts down. It did sit for a while so im going to pull the carb this weekend. Just thought that since the fueling station didn't work maybe the problem was stemmed from there.

Y-Guy
Welcome to RV.net
1. Inverters are not standard on all rigs, you'll need to add one on yours if you want one it sounds like.

2. How much fuel is in the tank? Code 36 is the low fuel, chances are it's below the fuel line, see below.

3. There isn't a RV manual, most just tossed in all the parts manuals. You're not missing anything.

Onan Code: ENGINE STOPPED FAULT—CODE NO. 36 (Engine stopped without command by controller) Corrective Action:

1. Check fuel level. (Note: The genset fuel pickup is probably higher than the vehicle engine pickup.)

2. Prime the engine fuel system by holding the control switch down in its Stop position for at least 1 minute.

3. Check the engine air filter and remove any blockage.

4. Check for mechanical damage.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon