cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No propane:((

IOWASTROKER
Explorer
Explorer
Can't get any propane from driver's side propane tank. Has anyone had trouble with the valve on top of the tank?? I know it is full, so thought I would start there, then the regulator right next to it and work my way to the other side where the "switch over" valve. Anyway to "test" the top tank valve??? Thx in advance. Johnny
11 REPLIES 11

100ton
Explorer
Explorer
IOWASTROKER,

Did you find the solution to your propane issue? If so, please share your findings.

Thanks,

Robert
Huntington Beach, California
'05 Ford F250 Crew Cab, PSD, 4X4, Short Bed, Camper & Tow Package, Limited Slip Differential
'05 CrossRoads, Cruiser 29RK
PullRite 16K SuperGlide

Crazy_Cooter
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have the red 30# regulator on the left side? Mine was bad out of the box causing intermittent operation of LS tank and finally failed by leaking. Replaced the regulator and everything is good now.
1999 Peterbilt 385
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
1992 Jeep Wrangler YJ
2010 NuWa Hitchhiker 36LKRSB
2012 Cyclone 300C Triple Axle
2013 Can Am Maverick X-RS
2006 KTM 525 EXC CA Plated

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
I had to replace a hose as well, not too expensive.
Actually I bought 2 new ones and kept the old one that worked for a spare.
2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 DMAX CC
2004 Thor Wanderer Wagon 247WTB
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

mr__old_style
Explorer
Explorer
Mines the same way, never has worked all ways have to move the tank from drivers side to passenger side when it goes empty. PIA. Maybe I need to check into the hose, all ready replaced the switch over valve, which didn't change anything.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
I think I would try moving the tanks left to right, and see if it is a problem with the change over switch. Open the new "Drivers" side valve first, and it should switch to it. Then open the passenger side (that used to be drivers side) and make sure the tank is feeding properly.

You might have a problem with the tank's excess flow switch, or something else. Modern tanks have a flow limiting device, that should stop flow if the flexible hose breaks, or at least slow it down. THis device should stop (actually slow to a trickly) the flow if it is going more than about 150,000 Btu's per hour. By closing the valve, then open it again slowly, you might re-set the device.

Good luck,

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

dieseldan723
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar problem. I removed the hose and took it to a propane place. they found the hose to be faulty. It cost me about $15 for a new hose and it worked perfectly.
Currently looking for my next RV....

SOLD
2014 Keystone Fuzion 301 towed by 07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic CCSB 4X4
2012 Komfort 3530FBH towed by 08 Chevy 3500HD DRW
2006 Forest River Cardinal 33TBH towed by 03 GMC 2500HD

Prodigy 3 brake controller

allcool
Explorer
Explorer
If you think it is a tank problem , try swapping out the tanks from side to side, but more than likely its a bad hose. Try changing it before changing the regulator.

There is a QCC shut off valve integral inside the hose connector that is suppose to prevent gas from escaping when there is a problem. It is thermally sensitive, meaning the coupler will close off gas flow automatically if subjected to fire.
These hoses commonly go bad and shut off gas supply when they shouldn't.
2007 WW FSW3200
RZRS k&t Turbo
2 LT500
1 Lt500 hybrid
F350 CC 6.7PS Platinum

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Had it happen with my BBQ. New hose fixed it. Good luck.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
IOWASTROKER wrote:
Can't get any propane from driver's side propane tank. .....work my way to the other side where the "switch over" valve. Anyway to "test" the top tank valve??? Thx in advance. Johnny

Is the switch over lever pointed to the drivers side?
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Overflow valve may be stuck. Try tapping it. It may be too full holding it shut so cooling it down may help.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

100ton
Explorer
Explorer
Try closing the valve, waiting about five minutes and then SLOWLY reopening valve. How long have you been trying, could just be air in the line.
'05 Ford F250 Crew Cab, PSD, 4X4, Short Bed, Camper & Tow Package, Limited Slip Differential
'05 CrossRoads, Cruiser 29RK
PullRite 16K SuperGlide