cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No pumping water

snowpeke
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Jayco 26.5 lrs and having trouble with my water pump. The water system works fine when hooked up to city water. But when I turn on the pump no water at all. I can hear the pump making regular pumping noise but no water pressure. Any Ideas?
2002 Chevy DuraMax
2014 jayco eagle
Two Pekingese dogs
13 REPLIES 13

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Mine wouldnโ€™t pump water. We blew air backward through pomp. It was stuck and this caused it to release. Worked fine then.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Switch on the panel may be going.
Is it a Shurflo?

snowpeke
Explorer
Explorer
It's back again here is the deal back in January it would not pump so ordered another one getting ready to put in the new one and it worked. Went dry camping worked fine for three days. Getting ready for the next trip and no pumping. Nothing worse the having a interment problem. Any clues out there?
2002 Chevy DuraMax
2014 jayco eagle
Two Pekingese dogs

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check connections on tank side of the pump, assuming of course that there is plenty water in the tank & valves are turned the way they are supposed to be. Could be sucking air.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Billzo
Explorer
Explorer
memtb wrote:
If it will not pump, I have on occasions, filled the suction line...then blew into line ( like blowing-up a ballon) to help the pump take a prime

This is what I went through during my first attempt at winterizing.
2000 McKenzie Monaco 36RLT
2014 Ram 2500 HD Outdoorsman SLT Longbed

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I had to replace the water pump on my 2011 this year. Lots of noise but not much pumping.

12th_Man_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
Just remember it takes awhile to fill the lines and the water heater is everything is empty, Mine take a few minutes before it reaches full pressure.
2014 GMC Duramax 4X4 DRW Crew

2015 DRV Tradition

Go_Dawgs1
Explorer
Explorer
On mine I have to move the switches, in the docking station, to the water tanks vs. the city water setting. My pump will run, but no water will flow.
2004 Ford F350 Lariat 4x4 Dually
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Edd and Dick have the best questions.

We need more clues.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Has it recently worked? If water is in the tank and all of the valves in the proper positions maybe the pump has lost prime. Try running it with several faucets open for 30 seconds or so.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Has it ever worked? If not look at the winterizing valves and see they are positioned correctly. On mine I have to change valve position for pump vs city water.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Several possibilities: Pump filter-screen plugged, pick-up tube in tank crimped or plugged (not likely), damaged pump diaphram(s).

After verifying a clean screen, you may try lining pump up as though you are going to winterize, place suction line in container of water. If it will not pump, I have on occasions, filled the suction line...then blew into line ( like blowing-up a ballon) to help the pump take a prime. If you canโ€™t get the pump to pump after this, you may have bad pump diaphram(s).
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Is there water in the tank? Many rigs have a tap for winterizing that sucks out RV antifreeze from an alternate feed right by the water pump. Is your tap set the wrong way? If it is set correctly to suck water from the tank, then get a gallon of water, turn the tap to winterize, put the short hose into the gallon of water and try to see if the pump will suck up that water. You should know more when that is done.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel