cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onan generator and gauge

We_B_Broke
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry this will be a dumb question, My first Toy Hauler 2015 Keystone Raptor 412 TS. I put 15 gallons gas in tank labeled generator but the gauge inside does not read anything, the gauge outside at fueling area does not read anything, still reads empty shows its a 30 gallon tank,rig is level. what am I missing.
6 REPLIES 6

JeffandRisa
Explorer
Explorer
the gauge is bad have the same trailer it should start to move after the first 5 gallons is put in

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
on mine you have to push a momentary contact rocker switch to make the gauge move.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

steiny93
Explorer
Explorer
you could check the connection points (back of switch and sending unit on tank)

if everything all tight then one of 3 things
- broken wire
- bad gauge
- bad sending unit

if it were me; i'd add it to the list of fixes for the warranty claim to happen after you get a few trips under your belt; i'm guessing you'll find some other surprises along the way
2000 Volvo 610
2013 Cyclone 3950

We_B_Broke
Explorer
Explorer
Gauges are lit up, I turned switch on that works the pump for fueling,Also turned off all power and ran generator gauge still reading empty.It worked when wife first picked it up and put fuel in it,has'nt worked since, only had it 3 weeks.I;ll check anything.

steiny93
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a switch which "power's on" the fuel system; does that run the gauge as well?

Can you tell if the gauges have power? Are they backlit?

on my cyclone the timer switch only lights up the fuel pump; the gauge for the genset is always active; but maybe yours is different
2000 Volvo 610
2013 Cyclone 3950

porkchop1221
Explorer
Explorer
Mine was broken when I first got it (and it's still a little funky) but at the factory, they reversed the wires. Check that....
2012 GMC 3500HD, Diesel, Crew Cab Standard Bed, SRW
2013 Cyclone 3010

Toys:
Ducati 749R
Aprilia RSV4