cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ordered our new rig at the Hershey Show

scrapperlila
Explorer
Explorer
Well we did it! Trading in our 2003 38 ft. Citation and getting a new Heartland Big Country 3150 RL. It was great seeing the quality of the different units and finding one that fits our needs. So thrilled that we can custom order exactly what we need for our style of camping. Thank you Joel for spending so much time with us. Now we wait....
9 REPLIES 9

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
It's folks like you who motivate RV dealers to stock the shows! Keep up the good work; that way I can go and just be a looky-loo. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Poppy_s_5th_Whe
Explorer
Explorer
scrapperlila wrote:
Our custom items weren't unique just must haves for us.
We didn't want a table and chairs so we ordered a dinette booth. We also prefer less carpeting so there will be laminate throughout the kitchen/living room. We also we disliked the new glass bowl bathroom sink so we opted to get the "regular" sink. We also don't like the regular split kitchen sink so we want either a full sink or 30/70 split. So not too many changes just ones that meet our style of camping.

That's awesome though that you can do that now rather than modifying it later. I would have never thought to ask for the additional laminate flooring but that would be a definite for us! I would have gone with the "glass bowl delete" but my wife would thing it's fashionable ๐Ÿ™‚
Paul "Poppy" Cervone
2016 GMC Summit White Denali 3500HD SRW CC/SB
2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS

scrapperlila
Explorer
Explorer
Our custom items weren't unique just must haves for us.
We didn't want a table and chairs so we ordered a dinette booth. We also prefer less carpeting so there will be laminate throughout the kitchen/living room. We also we disliked the new glass bowl bathroom sink so we opted to get the "regular" sink. We also don't like the regular split kitchen sink so we want either a full sink or 30/70 split. So not too many changes just ones that meet our style of camping.

Poppy_s_5th_Whe
Explorer
Explorer
That's so exciting! Tell us what you "custom ordered" though. I've never ordered a new RV and wondered what kinds of things you might change from what you might find on a unit on a lot.

BTW, that model looks really nice for under 36'!
Paul "Poppy" Cervone
2016 GMC Summit White Denali 3500HD SRW CC/SB
2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS

redfire2002
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats. We were there also looking around.
2002 F250 SC Long bed 7.3 PSD

2007 Gulfstream Mako 5er

MM49
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new RV. I did the same several years ago. I've had all of the standard problems and few more.

I found out that owning a high line RV in a northern climate a RV garage is a necessity. The maintenance is much higher on a bigger rig. The problems if you miss one issue are much bigger also. The garage can buy you a little time if you spring a leak between maintenance cycles.
MM49

MM49

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats!
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

jimtoo
Explorer
Explorer
scrapperlila wrote:
Well we did it! Trading in our 2003 38 ft. Citation and getting a new Heartland Big Country 3150 RL. It was great seeing the quality of the different units and finding one that fits our needs. So thrilled that we can custom order exactly what we need for our style of camping. Thank you Joel for spending so much time with us. Now we wait....

Congratulations on your Big Country,,, now the wait begins. When you place your order, if salesman says it's not avaliable or it's not on the list, have him call Heartland and make sure he checks... lots of options are available if you want them that are not on the upgrade or option list.

Join us on the Heartland Owners Forum and meet a great bunch of folks.

Jim M
Happy Camping
Drive Safe
Jim & Bette
Texas Sweetheart Rally
George West Storyfest, 1st Sat of Nov.

04 GMC 3500, CC,Dually,Duramax,Allison
CB Radio, MaxBrake, Turboliner, Ride Rites
09 Bighorn by Heartland, 3670RL, Trailair Pinbox, Equaflex.

Ramblin_Recks
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! Yes, but the wait is worth it!
George and Ann
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB ,4x4,3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 640W Solar, MPPT60, Magnum 2000
Retired Army, but still working....until 2016